Vacancy title: Senior ICT Security Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Education, and Training , Category: Computer & IT ]
Jobs at:Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board (HELSB)
Deadline of this Job:
15 March 2023
Date Posted: Friday, March 03, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board (HELSB) is a statutory body established by the Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Act No. 31 of 2016 to provide for the administration, granting, investment, payment and recovery of student loans; provide for the administration and granting of scholarships; facilitate the mobilisation of financial resources for loans and scholarships, and provide for matters connected with or incidental to the foregoing.
HELSB is inviting competent, enthusiastic and qualified candidates to apply for the above position to be based in Lusaka, on permanent and pensionable terms:
a. Job Purpose
Reporting to the Manager - ICT, the Senior ICT Officer shall manage the provision of ICT Security Services in order to facilitate the effective and efficient operation of the Institution.
b. Principal Accountabilities
• Undertakes effectively the acquisition, configuration, installation and maintenance of server applications in order to facilitate availability of e- services and applications;
• Undertakes effectively the design, development, acquisition and management of application systems in order to promote innovations and efficient service delivery;
• Undertakes effectively design, development, acquisition and management of database systems in order to ensure highest levels of data security, integrity and availability;
• Undertakes effectively the development and maintenance of the institutional web applications in order to facilitate transactions and access to information;
• Undertakes regularly the design, installation, monitoring, troubleshooting and upgrading of networks, and security programmes in order to facilitate smooth operation of ICT infrastructure and ensure data integrity;
• Undertakes effectively the acquisition, configuration, installation and maintenance of Server Infrastructure in order to facilitate availability of e- services and applications;
• Undertakes the availability of disaster recovery infrastructure and procedures in order to guarantee business continuity;
• Undertakes timely servicing, repair and rehabilitation of ICT infrastructure and assets in order to prolong life span of the equipment and facilitate replacement; and
• Undertakes efficiently the provision of ICT Technical support in order to facilitate smooth running of business.
c. Other Job Expectations
• Safeguards information system assets by identifying and solving potential and actual security problems;
• To provide various reports / information that would normally be used by management for decision making and planning;
• Protects system by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources;
• Recognizes problems by identifying abnormalities; reporting violations;
• Implements security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements;
• Determines security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits;
• Upgrades system by implementing and maintaining security controls;
• Keeps users informed by preparing performance reports; communicating system status;
• Maintains quality service by following organization standards;
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications;
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
• Conduct vulnerability scans on all SIT, UAT and Prod Servers;
• Patch detected vulnerability in production after UAT testing and approvals;
• Review all traffic on externally exposed system for Internet threats; and
• Conduct Regular cyber security training to HELSB staffs. Both Physical and Virtual.
d. Qualifications and Experience
• Full Grade 12 Certificate with 5 credits or better including Mathematics,
• Science and English;
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent;
• Minimum relevant pre-job experience of 5 years of which 3 should be at supervisory level;
• Advanced ICT Certification such as SANS GIAC/GCIA/GCIH, CISSP or
• CASP and/or SIEM-specific training and certification;
• Hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE or equivalent) at start date;
• Experience in developing and deploying signatures (e.g. YARA, Snort, Suricata, HIPS);
• Hands-on experience in analyzing high volumes of logs, network data (e.g. Netflow, FPC);
• Experience with vulnerability scanning solutions;
• Understanding of mobile technology and OS (i.e. Android, iOS, Windows), VMware technology, and Unix and basic Unix commands.
e. Other Skills and Attributes
• Understanding of mobile technology and OS (i.e. Android, iOS, Windows),
• VMware technology, and Unix and basic Unix commands
• Advanced understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and
• protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
• Familiar with Crowdstrike and Darktrace platforms
• Proficiency with any of the following: Anti-Virus, HIPS, ID/PS, Full Packet
• Capture, Host-Based Forensics, Network Forensics, and RSA Security
• In-depth knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g. Nitro/McAfee Enterprise Security Manager, ArcSight, QRadar, LogLogic, Splunk).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates who meet the above Job Specifications and Competencies, Skills and
Attributes should send their applications enclosing their detailed Curriculum Vitae,
Photocopies of NRC, Professional and any other relevant documents in hard copy form only to:
The Chief Executive Officer Or Hand delivered to:
Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board
P.O. Box 50464
Or Hand delivered to:
United Church House
Second (2nd) Floor
Closing date for receipt of applications is 15th March, 2023.
HELSB is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the employment of any person on the basis of race, health, tribe, sex, political affiliation, religion or physical ability.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.