Senior Lecturer - Therapeutics
Jobs at:The Copperbelt University
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, August 14 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, August 10 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Copperbelt University is a Public University established through an Act of Parliament No. 19 of 1987. The University's core business is Teaching, Research and Community Engagement as a service to the nation. The University as an equal opportunity employer hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment as PROFESSOR/SENIOR LECTURER/LECTURER at the MICHAEL CHILUFYA SATA SCHOOL OF MEDICINE - NDOLA CAMPUS
Senior Lecturer in;
The successful candidate must have the ability to conduct high-quality research with the potential to create impact, secure research funding from local and international funders and exercise leadership. The candidate must also have the capacity to deliver outstanding teaching across a range of programmes and contribute to the administration of the School.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Undertakes original individual and collaborative research.
• Participates in the organisation of courses in the area of specialization in collaboration with other staff.
• Participates in a collegial manner in the administration of academic affairs at department/school and university levels.
• Performs teaching duties at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
• Invigilates examinations including tests tutorials and seminars; supervises theses, dissertations, practical work and placements; mentors projects and other academic activities; as well as promotes academic well-being and growth of students.
• Assesses students continuously, sets and marks assignments, tests and examination papers (including theses and dissertations) within established time frames and seeks to improve their teaching performance through, appropriate means, including giving due consideration to feedback from students, peers and heads of departments.
• Delivers a high-quality learning environment for students and contributes to the development of new and exciting courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Prepares and delivers modules; contributes specialist topics to other modules, dissertation supervision, developing the curriculum, industrial liaison as well as research.
• Creates new research groups in the department and works with colleagues to build both research capacity and deliver impact.
• Strives to inspire and motivate students and colleagues by keeping abreast of classical and current knowledge of practical and theoretical issues in areas of specialization.
• Performs other duties that may be assigned by the Dean and/or the Vice-Chancellor from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
• Full Grade 12 or Form V Certificate with Five 5 'O' level Credits or better including English Language and Mathematics.
• Basic Medical/Science Degree - MBChB, BDS, BSc or equivalent
• Postgraduate qualification – MMed, MDent, MSc or equivalent
• PhD in a relevant field
• Minimum of three (3) years of lecturing/research experience.
• Must show proof of active membership and Registration with a professional body
• Proof of researched supervisory experience
• Not less than five (5) years of practical experience
Required Competencies and Behavioural Attributes
• Innovative teaching skills with experience in blended learning and other interactive teaching methodologies are highly desired.
• Demonstrable research capability that will enable the candidate to develop and sustain an internally and/or externally funded research program in the areas of Computer Science/Software Engineering.
• Strong commitment to teaching at undergraduate and graduate levels.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in discharging duties.
• Developed a strong research program and an outstanding publication record in high-quality refereed conferences and journals.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants meeting the above specifications should submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of Academic and Professional Certificates and three (3) names of referees, two (2) of whom must be Professionally acquainted with the applicant.
The applications in hard copies should be submitted to the undersigned not later than Friday
14th August 2023 or soft copies to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Copperbelt University
Plot 4692, Jambo Drive, Riverside
PO Box 21692
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.