Senior Management Accountant
Jobs at:National Institute of Public Administration
Deadline of this Job:
28 July 2023
Date Posted: Friday, July 14, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose of the Job
To provide revenue, cost and other relevant data to all Divisions and Revenue Centres (including Commercial Facilities-Conference Centre, Tuck shop, Guest house, NIPA Club, Canteen). To support areas in achieving their strategic objectives. To work alongside the Divisions and other Business Units in the development of short and long term financial plans, performance monitoring and financial appraisal. To provide appropriate, accurate and timely management information.
Reports to: Bursar
Statements of Main Accountabilities:
• Supervises recording and processing of NIPA’s financial transactions, books of accounts in accordance with established concepts, principles, accounting standards and legal requirements, so as to present an accurate view of those transactions.
• Reconciliation of posting of receipts and payments to ensure correct and accurate postings in the General Ledger.
• Implements all internal audit recommendations for effective operation of the Institution.
• Ensures that all General Ledger Accounts are reconciled at the end of month as part of the month-end processes.
• Ensures that all accounting activities comply with accounting standards and all applicable legal provisions.
• Ensures high level of performance and achievement of set targets.
• Assist in working with Divisional Directors and BU Managers to identify and challenge activities where the Divisions are not operating in-line with the strategic objectives or where they are not demonstrating appropriate awareness of the operating environment.
• Preparing monthly management accounts for the Institute on a timely manner. Monitor income and expenditure against budget, identify variances and investigate causes. Provide advice to Directors regarding likely impact on delivery of budget and provide explanation of remedial action if necessary.
• Assist in supporting Directors and other senior staff by providing timely, accurate and reliable financial information to assist in the making of key decisions.
• Assist in providing budget holders with timely, accurate and reliable financial information.
• Works with the Senior Financial Accountant, Head of Conference Centre and key staff to understand and document activities and cost drivers for budgetary control purposes. Provide financial information to support the full costing of activities and assist in embedding this across the Institute, ensuring accurate information is available for key decision-making purposes.
• Provide information to the Senior Financial Accountant and other Finance colleagues for year- end purposes.
• Assist in supporting the Divisional Directors and key finance staff in the preparation of annual budgets and annual year plans and work with them to understand their key requirements and challenges.
• Assist in managing the monthly re-forecasting process for Divisions. Proactively identify issues arising from actual results to forecasts and address these with the appropriate budget holders. Escalate to wider Finance as necessary.
• Provide continual support to budget holders and finance officers in all aspects of financial awareness, procedures, regulations and compliance. Provide on-the-job training and coaching as appropriate.
• Supervises and manages debtor’s collection processing and management.
• Performs other accounting related tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor from time
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Grade 12 University entrant.
• ACCA, CIMA or ZICA Professional.
• Membership of ZICA.
• Knowledge of public financial regulations and regulatory environment of public bodies.
• Minimum five (5) years relevant post qualifying at a senior management level in a reputable organization.
• Advanced proﬁciency in MS Office tools, mainly Microsoft Excel.
• Computer literacy i.e., Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
• Excellent oral and written communications.
• Highly analytical skills.
• Numerical and Computation skills.
• Decision and problem solving skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants should submit their applications, Certified copies of the qualifications and detailed Curriculum Vitae with three (3) traceable referees contact details. All applications and accompanying documents should be enclosed in the envelope with the position clearly labelled on one side of the envelop and sent in hard copy to the address below. Applications should reach NIPA not later than Friday, 28th July, 2023.
National Institute of Public Administration
P O Box 31990, Plot No. 4810 Dushanbe Road
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.