Vacancy title: Senior Manager, Finance & Administration[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:ChildFund International
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, April 25 2023
Date Posted:Tuesday, April 25 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Title: Sr. Manager, Finance and Administration, Sustainable and Supportive Family Care and Protection Systems for Children
Division: Programs and Partnerships
Conditions and duration of assignment: Employment is subject to award. The duration of the assignment is 5 years.
Location: Lusaka, Zambia or Kampala, Uganda
Reporting Relationship: Project Director, Sustainable and Supportive Family Care and Protection Systems for Children
ChildFund International USA (ChildFund, www.childfund.org) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization registered in the USA and working in 24 countries throughout Asia, Africa, and the Americas to help children grow up healthy, educated, skilled, and safe. ChildFund has extensive programs in Uganda and Zambia which are implemented with full participation of youth, children, families, CBOs, local and national governments and NGOs.
ChildFund is leading a consortium for the USAID-funded Sustainable and Supportive Family Care and Protection Systems for Children Activity (the “Activity”) with proposed programs in Uganda and Zambia.
The Activity aims to develop stronger national and related subnational and community systems to achieve the following outcomes in targeted countries:
1. focusing specifically on families at-risk of child-family separation, increase the capacities of families to raise their children in a nurturing, violence-free environment in which children’s fundamental needs are met.
2. focusing specifically on children outside of family care, increase the capacities of families to enable children to reintegrate5 into their own families or live in family-based alternative care or domestic adoption.
3. reduce the number of children in residential care facilities and increase the availability of family-based alternative care.
ChildFund is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Finance and Administration Manager. The hiring of this position is contingent to award.
• Responsible for the overall management and reporting of human, material and financial resources of the project, including sub-grants.
• Implement administrative, financial and human resource policies in line with USG regulations.
• Support the Project Director with a focus on project results.
• Represent the project on finance, administration and grant compliance matters to USAID.
• At least 8 years of overall professional experience in finance and/or administration in donor-funded development or humanitarian programs.
• At least 4 years working as a senior finance and administration manager on donor-funded development or humanitarian programs with an annual budget of $2-4 million.
• Experience and/or training in USAID Cooperative Agreements, including its Rules and Regulations.
• Experience working with and administering sub-grants to local organizations.
• Demonstrated skills in project reporting, preferably for USAID-funded projects.
• Impeccable ethics and judgment as a steward of organizational and donor resources.
• Strong leadership and management capabilities.
• Organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills, including writing, presentation, and public speaking.
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office suite applications (particularly Word and PowerPoint).
• Native or advanced proficiency in English.
• Candidates must have authorization to work in either Uganda or Zambia.
• Ability to travel (25%).
• A Bachelor’s degree is required. A Master’s Degree is preferred.
TO BE PROVIDED BY APPLICANT
• Detailed CV in English.
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.