Senior Manager – Finance and Operations
Jobs at:TopFloor Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, October 12 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, September 28 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Our client, an NGO that works in Youth Representation and Advocacy is looking for a Senior Manager – Finance and Operations to join their team. The Senior Manager – Finance and Operations (SMFO) will be responsible for oversight of all finance and operations processes including financial management and reporting, internal systems and processes.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Manage the finance and operations team and will work to drive efficient management of resources, enhanced performance monitoring and reporting and improve the efficiency and accountability of all finances of the organization.
• Oversee budgeting, financial reporting and analysis across the organization.
• Track annual budgets, reporting and planning for the organization.
• Conduct monthly and quarterly financial forecasts.
• Oversee annual internal and external audit processes.
• Keep COO and CEO abreast of matters affecting the financial status of the organization.
• Deliver concise yet fit for purpose COO and CEO and board briefings on the financial health of the organization monthly, quarterly and yearly.
• Enhancement of financial management processes to drive better decisions in support of accelerated growth.
• Prepare the organization for sub-award management by tightening controls and focusing on accountability and regular checking of work of other staff in the department.
• Line-manage the Senior Finance Officer/Finance Manager and ensure that their responsibilities are carried out accordingly.
• Ensure that all financial administration and reporting is carried out, including filing documents with the appropriate regulatory authorities, and coordinating the monthly management accounts meeting.
• Lead on developing our finance systems, ensuring they are best practice.
• Ensure that the working environment (including our work culture) and benefits offered are appropriate and available for the staff.
• Ensure that all staff have appropriate training and capacity available.
• Lead on creating a culture that is excellent and nourishing for staff and volunteers.
• Play a key role in shaping the internal culture of the organization.
• Oversee internal processes leading to the development of the organization.
• Support the COO.
• Participate in other non-finance related work within the organization like monitoring of projects in districts, partner engagement meetings, campaigns/outreaches and events etc.
• Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor reasonably required to ensure the smooth running of the organization.
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
This is a tremendous opportunity for a strong leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a rapidly growing, high-impact youth-led organization.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, full professional accountancy ACCA/ CIMA/ ZICA or equivalent. A Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent is an added advantage.
• Must have a Grade 12 School Certificate with 5 merits including English and Mathematics.
• Must be a fully paid-up member of ZICA (essential requirement)
• Should have a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in a Non-Government Organization or other financial institution.
• Should have previous experience with various donor financial policies and guidelines including USAID.
• Should have excellent computer skills especially in spreadsheet and data analysis (excel and access) and familiarity with accounting software like QuickBooks preferred
• Must have an understanding of financial systems and procedures.
• Must be a multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
• Should have personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to supporting young people in Zambia thrive.
• Should be a strong team player.
• Should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Should have the ability to work independently and on own initiative.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.