Vacancy title: Senior Safety Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Public Administration, and Government , Category: Protective Services ]
Jobs at:Tanzania Zambia Railway Authority
Deadline of this Job:
30 November 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Tanzania-Zambia Railway Authority (TAZARA) is a Statutory Institution owned by the two Governments of the United Republic of Tanzania and the Republic of Zambia on a 50/50 shareholding basis, with its registered head Office being in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The Authority has two Regional Administrative Centres, one in Mpika, Zambia and the other in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Salary Scale: TSG 12
Reporting to: Regional General Manager
The Senior safety officer is responsible for implementation and insurance of compliance of safety requirement and other statutory safety obligations, Conduct educational campaign, seminars and competitions to stimulate safety awareness and to offer expert advice to management on all safety related issues namely occupational health and safety, fire safety and general safety regulations.
• Develop accident prevention programs and implementation
• Inspect all workplaces equipment machinery and installations and ensure that they conform to minimum safety standards.
• Spearhead formation and organization of work[place safety committees
• Monitor all railway operations and ensure total compliance to train working regulations
• Prepare safety performance reports
• Investigate and document all accidents and bad incidents that occur
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Grade Twelve (12) Certificate
• BSC. Engineering or Degree in Transport and Logistics or its equivalent
• Certificate in Safety or its equivalent
• Member of the Zambia Occupational Health and Safety Association (ZOHSA)
• Six (6) years’ experience, Two (2) years in Railway Industry
• Not more than 45 years old
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Only candidates who meet the specified requirement need to apply to the address indicated below, enclosing their detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of educational certificates, names and address of three traceable reference.
Closing Date: The closing date for applications is Wednesday, 30th November, 2022.
The Head Human Resource,
Tanzania – Zambia Railway Authority,
Zambia Cost and Profit Centre,
P.O. Box T01,
At TAZARA Offices at the following locations:
• Area Manager – TAZARA House , Lusaka
• District HR Officer – New Kapiri Mposhi Railway Station
• District HR Officer – Kasama Railway Station
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.