Senior Tax Accountant
Jobs at:NFC Africa Mining Plc
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, November 15 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, November 02 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are looking for a Senior Tax Accountant responsible for compliance of all tax types and provide management with recommendations for tax strategies. To succeed in this role, you should show interest in following changes to tax regulations and laws. Excellent time management skills are also essential, as you’ll have to ensure our company meets tight deadlines. Ultimately, you should be able to recommend tax strategies that comply with laws and company’s financial well-being.
• Prepare tax returns and payments in accordance with tax laws.
• Filling of all monthly tax returns.
• Reconciliation of all tax ledgers, making follow-ups and resolving all reconciling items.
• Carrying out reconciliations with Zambia Revenue Authority on all tax types.
• Responsible for tax planning, in order to mitigate potential tax risks, and maximize potential tax benefits.
• Preparation and filling of provisional and final income tax returns.
• Recommend tax strategies that align with business goals.
• Identify tax savings.
• Follow industry trends and track changes related to taxes. Liaise with internal and external auditors.
• Forecast tax predictions to management.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience preferably in the mining sector.
• Knowledge of accounting standards and tax laws/regulations.
• Familiarity with accounting software packages.
• Computer literacy (MS Excel in particular)
• Good communication and interpersonal Skills.
• Excellent analytical and time management skills.
• Strong numeracy skills.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Full Grade 12 School certificate.
• Full ACCA, CIMA,CA Zambia or its equivalent
• Member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education:
Job application procedure
• Interested, suitably qualified and experienced applicants should submit an application in
either hard copy or soft copy not later than 13th November, 2023, with contact phone
numbers, accompanied by Curriculum Vitae detailing previous work experience and copies
of academic and professional qualifications to the Postal address below:
• The Human Resources Manager,
NFC Africa Mining Plc,
P.O. Box 22592,
Enos Chomba Road, Kitwe.
• Email Address: email@example.com
• Those sending through post office to indicate the position on the envelope.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.