Vacancy title: Senior Technician Mechatronics/Mechanics Engineering[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Education, and Training , Category: Management ]
Jobs at:Copperbelt University
Deadline of this Job:
12 August 2022
Date Posted: Friday, July 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervises Laboratory Technicians in laboratory-based tasks.
• Demonstrates practical procedures.
• Organises and monitors the technicians’ workloads to meet departmental and cross- curricular needs including covering for absences and delegating tasks appropriately.
• Performs laboratory tests in order to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations.
• Carries out routine tasks accurately and follows strict methodologies to carry out analyses.
• Samples, tests, measures, records and analyses results in chemical and physical sciences.
• Records and interprets results to present to stakeholders.
• Prepares specimens and samples.
• Follows and ensures strict safety procedures and safety checks.
• Ensures that health and safety requirements and other relevant regulations are in place and adhered to, including the completion and recording of necessary checks.
• Ensures that a safe, effective and efficient laboratory technical service is provided for use by students and teaching staff.
• Constructs, maintains and operates standard laboratory equipment.
• Ensures the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced.
• Ensures the safe treatment and disposal of used materials, including hazardous substances, and responding to actual or potential hazards.
• Uses computers and performs mathematical calculations for the preparation of graphs.
• Conducts searches on identified topics relevant to the research and keeps up to date with technical developments, especially those which can save time and improve reliability.
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
• Grade 12 or its equivalent with 5 “0” levels including English Language and
• Bachelor’s Degree (BEng) in Mechatronics or Mechanical Engineering.
• Minimum of five (5) years of working experience in a similar position.
• Must show proof of active membership and Registration with a professional body (EIZ)
Required Competencies and Behavioural Attributes
• Ability and willingness to work under minimal supervision.
• Ability and willingness to work as part of a team and to contribute fully to the work of the department.
• Must have good knowledge of first aid and safety procedures. Keeping the laboratory and equipment’s under neat, safe and working condition
• Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with other staff and students
• Immediate Supervisor: Head of Department
• Salary Scale: PSS 04
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants meeting the above specifications should submit a detailed
Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of Academic and Professional Certificates and three (3) names of referees, two (2) of whom must be professionally acquainted with the applicant. The applications in hard copies should be submitted to the undersigned not later than Friday 12th August 2022. Soft copies MUST be submitted as a single file to email@example.com. Clearly state the job title being applied for on the envelope or in the subject line for email applications.
The Copperbelt University
Plot 4692, Jambo Drive, Riverside
P O Box 21692
**Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted**
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.