Senior Toll Collector
Jobs at:DBK Management Consulting Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, October 21 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, October 05 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• To manage the toll collection process by ensuring that the toll collection takes place on an uninterrupted basis by efficient and effective vehicle throughput and within procedural and client specification requirements. The role also includes ensuring that company Policies and Procedures are always followed by team members and any deviations must be reported to management.
Main Technical Duties:
All duties take place in accordance with the Company’s Policies and Procedures and relevant legislation.
1. Toll Collection
• Collects letters, documents etc., and distributes them to relevant staff members.
• Acknowledge incidents during the shift.
• Complete all end-of-shift documentation as per procedure.
• Ensure float procedures are applied and adhered to in relation to the issuing and retrieving of floats.
• Ensures accuracy of cash handling/counting operations/card swiping etc.
• Ensures correct stationery/equipment is available in the booth at the start of the shift.
• Ensures that the attendance register has been signed.
• Inform the Supervisor / Shift Manager of any incidents and/or problem areas experienced during the shift and record in the Occurrence Book (user complaints etc.)
• Managing traffic build-up to the best of one’s ability with the aim of minimizing queues.
• Prepare and issue stationery for the Toll Collectors as per the required procedure, ensuring all that is needed to operate the toll booth is available.
• Prepare the cash float for the oncoming shift.
• Relieve Toll Collectors and apply toll collection procedures for lunch and comfort breaks to ensure required manning levels are maintained and met.
• Report to the supervisor when the cash limit has been reached.
• Stand in as acting Shift Manager as and when required in accordance with Procedures and report to the Plaza Manager.
• Account for any shortages
• Assist road users in case of breakdowns and refer same to the control room.
• Collect float and all required stationery which must be signed for
• Ensure accuracy of cash handling by correctly classifying vehicles and entering the method of payment into the system
• Ensure all necessary documentation is updated on the system as per cash procedures.
• Inform the supervisor when the bleed-off limit has been reached.
• Log onto system as per operating identification number
• Prepare and ensure the cash float that was issued is returned.
• Process vehicles effectively during normal and peak traffic as per specification to avoid queues.
• Refer any concerns or complaints to Supervisor/Manager immediately.
• Assists with and/or record staff absenteeism and report to management.
• Assists with and/or attend team safety toolbox briefing / talk at the commencement of every shift and/or specific /unique maintenance task.
2. Health and Safety
• Ensure appropriate PPE is used and in good condition to perform specific tasks / working conditions.
• Ensure HSE appointments are done and filed according to the legal requirements.
• Ensures accidents / incident management is attended to timeously.
• Ensures actions are implemented to prevent, control, and manage pollution.
• Monitor and identify work practices to ensure work is performed in accordance with relevant HSE working procedures / work instructions.
• Monitor housekeeping and ensure HSE standards are maintained.
• Ensure document control and distribution in accordance with ISO Policy and Procedures
• Ensures the administration of documentation / record control / training schedules for company.
• Maintains required records / archive as per system requirements.
• Strict compliance with all policies and procedures, etc.
• Assist with queries to the best of your ability and refer any concerns / complaints to your Supervisor / Manager immediately.
• Assists with and/or ensures a friendly and professional approach is adopted when dealing with customers and/or clients, applying best of class service to all customers / clients and/or road users, irrespective of the behavior of others.
• Ensure cordial and mutually beneficial relations.
• Liaison with operations / plaza management/ manager
• Build and maintain friendly, professional, and effective relationships with team members and colleagues.
• Continually model Tolcon’s values.
• Ensure no cash, gifts, etc. are accepted for personal favors.
• Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards are consistently and accurately maintained.
• Handle stress in ways that do not negatively impact others, maintain a positive attitude, and respond openly to feedback.
This Job Specification indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the position and therefore is not intended as an exhaustive list.
The following are the minimum required qualifications and experience for the role: –
• Minimum Grade 12 Certificate
• Advanced computer literacy skills (MS Office)
• Minimum 2 years’ experience as a supervisor
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education:
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.