Vacancy title: Solar Technician[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Professional Services , Category: Science & Engineering ]
Jobs at:RDG collective Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
18 September 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, September 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Solar Technician will oversee project development, technical assistance, troubleshooting and solving problems reported in the field by customers regarding their solar kit/system (battery, torch, radio, lamps, PV panel, etc.). You will train the sales agents and other technicians in charge of customer installations on the operation and installation of the products. You will also be responsible for the technical after-sales service, being the main contact for customers to aid and advice on the solar kit/system and its use. We expect you to complement your technical and aftersales skills with project management abilities. You will also broadly oversee all Solar Home System projects throughout its execution to ensure success and facilitate the standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
Tasks and activities
• Troubleshoot solar system components and identify problems.
• Be the main contact for technical problems in the field.
• Perform testing, troubleshooting and repair of electrical systems and solar equipment.
• Provide remote/on-site assistance and support
• Train customers and installers and advise customers on the proper operation of their equipment.
• Document and prepare required reports on work performed and components used.
• Assist product management teams in defining and improving the customer experience.
• Regularly train sales agents to understand technical and sales aspects of Solar PV.
Preferably female candidates.
• Bachelor’s degree/diploma in electrical, electronic, or solar engineering.
• Demonstrated knowledge of electrical measurement and troubleshooting tools (Multimeter and Oscilloscope) AC-DC power supplies, electronic components, inverters, DC-DC converters, and transformers.
• Experience in repairing electronic devices: cell phones or other devices with printed circuit boards (PCB).
• Affinity to sustainability and is willing to learn the benefits of renewable energy.
• Willing to travel within Zambia for 40% of the working hours.
• Proficiency in basic computer software and online platforms (Word, Excel, Dropbox, Outlook/Email).
• Basic knowledge of PC serial communication, microcontrollers, and firmware loading.
• Good interpersonal, communication and customer service skills. Teamwork and leadership come easy to you when you must take ownership of tasks.
• Written and oral proficiency in English is a must.
Addition to compensation and statutory benefits
• Career Growth in a dynamic, fast growing PAYG industry
• Opportunity to work in an environment that embrace innovation.
Availability of specified leadership Training and Development programs for succession plan
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.