Superintendent, Country Office
Jobs at:First Quantum Minerals
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, April 30 2023
Date Posted:Sunday, April 30 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Reporting to the Country Manager, the Superintendent, Country Office will assist the Country Manager in developing and implementing strategies meant to enhance government relations. The incumbent will also represent the country manager in different stake holder meetings and engagements.
1. Assisting the Country Manager in (Developing and) implementing government relations strategies to promote the interests of the company, build and maintain positive relationships with government officials, agencies, and other stakeholders, including media.
2. Monitoring and analysing government policies and regulations that may impact the company’s operations, and providing guidance and advice to management on how to effectively engage with government stakeholders.
3. Analysing Press and Media Reports, coordinate Press Queries and prepare responses/statements in consultation with Public Relations Managers on site.
4. Building and maintaining a network of contacts within the government and other relevant organizations to stay up-to-date on policy developments and potential opportunities for collaboration.
5. Developing a data base which will help in preparing and delivering authorised presentations, reports, and other materials to internal and external stakeholders on government relations issues as these affect the operations of FQML.
6. Attending Workshops and Conferences of interest to FQML and the Mining Industry at large.
7. Representing the company at industry associations and other events related to government relations.
8. Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of government processes and procedures, as well as political and economic developments that may impact the company’s operations. This entails maintaining a close liaison with line Ministries.
9. Liaise with Chiefs’ Affairs and attend Traditional Ceremonies of interest to FQML.
10. Coordinate Diplomatic and High Level visits to sites.
11. Carry out duties as may be assigned by the Employer
1. Full Grade 12 Certificate
2. Degree in Human Resources / Public Relations from a recognized institution.
3. Member of a recognized professional Institution i.e. ZIHRM, ZAPRA, ZIPRC
1. A minimum of 3 Years work experience in a similar role
2. Has worked for private mine and served at least in middle management position and can demonstrate an understanding of the critical role of the mining industry in Zambia.
3. Is pro mining investment and will be able to support the company’s stand on investing in Zambia.
4. Will demonstrate commitment to First Quantum Minerals and what the company stands for in Zambia.
PERSONAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
1. Good communication and interpersonal skills
2. Leadership and management skills
3. Cultural sensitivity
4. Results orientated
5. Team player and ability to build strong relationships.
6. Strong ethical values.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.