Vacancy title: TB/HIV Program Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Public Administration, and Government , Category: Healthcare ]
Jobs at:Ministry of Health (MOH)
Deadline of this Job:
18 January 2023
Date Posted: Friday, January 06, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reports to: National TB and Leprosy Programme Manager Location: Ministry of Health Headquarters
To coordinate and facilitate efficient implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of TB services for all supported regions. Support translation, coordination, and supervision of TB/HIV activities supported by PEPFAR and MOH, towards effective and sustainable implementation. Provide national level technical assistance, mentorship and supervision to PHOS and TB collaborative activities, including designing and supporting implementation of innovative approaches to ensure high quality and integrated TB and TB/HIV activities. Such innovations may include focusing on paediatric population at-risk of TB and systematic implementation of alternative service delivery models for TB treatment. Coordinate key program priorities including TB preventive treatment (TPT), intensified TB case finding and multidrug-resistant TB diagnosis and management. Ensure effective collaboration with other NTP stakeholders, including donors such as CDC Zambia, technical organizations, and local implementing partners.
• Leads and coordinates TB and TB/HIV activities, including planning, implementation, monitoring. documentation and reporting
• Effectively and efficiently Coordinates TB case identification services to facilitate early treatment of TB among populations at risk for better outcomes.
• Coordinates effectively, HIV case identification services in TB patients to improve outcomes.
• Coordinates effectively, TB treatment services to improve treatment outcomes and promote good health.
• Coordinates effectively, implementation of TB prevention programs to reduce new infections
• Coordinates effectively, monitoring of viral load in TB/HIV co-infected patients to facilitate interventions for viral load suppression
• Undertakes effectively, implementation of TB/HIV Monitoring and Evaluation services to properly demonstrate program results and application of appropriate interventions.
• Coordinates effectively, capacity building activities in TB/HIV collaborative services to facilitate provision of quality services.
• Develops effectively, sectional, and individual work plans in order to monitor and evaluate performance.
• Full Grade 12 School Certificate with five O level credits including English and Mathematics
• Bachelor's Degree in Medicine and Surgery
• Master's degree in Internal Medicine, Public Health or related field or a combination of education, experience or training which meets the minimum requirements would be added advantage
Experience and Skills
• At least three (3) years of programmatic experience working in or with a governmental agency, or HIV/TB services implementing partner preferably in Zambia
• Experience working on NCD programs
• Experience in working on project implementation, continuous quality improvement, capacity building, or monitoring and evaluation is required
• Experience working with and on Donor funded projects is an added advantage
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
• Have good interpersonal skills and work effectively with all stakeholders
• Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office as a basic requirement) and ability to work with word, excel and power point)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All interested persons meeting the above qualifications and experience should send their written applications to the undersigned with certified copies of their National Registration Card, academic and professional qualifications and a detailed Curriculum Vitae with three references including their contact numbers.
Applicants are advised to clearly indicate the positions they are applying for on the envelope or subject area in the case of electronic applications email to email@example.com.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday, 18 January, 2023. Only short- listed candidates will be contacted.
The Permanent Secretary-(Technical Services) Ministry of Health
P.O. Box 30205
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.