Vacancy title: Tax Accountant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Media , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:MultiChoice Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
02 December 2022
Date Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The role focuses on assisting with statutory requirements of preparation and filing of tax returns, identification and mitigation of tax risks, advising internal stakeholders on matters of taxation and handling tax queries, enquiries and audits. Further, this also includes assisting with tax provisions in the management accounts.
Key Performance Objectives
• Assisting with the preparation of computations/calculations of Corporation Income Tax (CIT), Withholding Tax (WHT) and Value Added Tax (VAT).
• Assisting with responses preparation to tax queries arising from filing of tax returns including conduct of tax accounts reconciliations to ensure that records are up to date with the Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA)
• Prepare, maintain and update monthly and annual files comprising of returns, receipts and supporting workings and documents.
• Address queries with various internal stakeholders.
• Assist with identifying current and potential tax risks in the country.
• Assist with reviewing of key business transactions and ensuring the required documentation for tax purposes are maintained.
• Timely monitoring and research on relevant taxation trends
• Assisting with monthly analysis of movements in each tax type and provide detailed explanations of the movements in each tax type.
Degree in Commerce, Tax, Economics, Mathematics/Statistics, Business Administration, Accounting or Equivalent to CIMA/ACCA/ZICA level 3
• 3-5 years’ experience in a financial environment
• Asset management experience advantageous
• Business understanding
• Strong computer literacy (Microsoft Office applications)
• Financial Accounting packages (SAP and GP) would be advantageous
• Knowledge of technical or broadcast equipment would be advantageous
• Strong financial and accounting knowledge
• Financial analysis experience
• Management capabilities
• Conflict resolution experience
• Strong negotiator
• Commercial experience
• Operational know how and ability
• Knowledge of contract law
• Execution bias
• Team player
• Achievement orientation
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Suitable candidates are required to send their application & Curriculum vitae to MCZRecruitment@zm.multichoice.com. Closing date for applications is 2nd December 2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.