Vacancy title: Tax Accountant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Engineering Services , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:ORYX ENERGIES ZAMBIA LIMITED
Deadline of this Job:
24 January 2023
Date Posted: Monday, January 23, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Providers of Oil & Gas products and services.
ORYX Energies S.A “OESA” is one of Africa’s largest and longest established independent providers of oil and gas products and services. In pursuit of its business strategies in Zambia, the company invites applications from suitably qualified individuals for the position mentioned below, to join its team at ORYX Energies Zambia Ltd “OEZL”, based on the Copperbelt and Lusaka.
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Chief Accountant.
The Tax Accountant will be based in Lusaka.
• Prepare tax returns and payments before/on due dates;
• Estimate, track and file on a Company’s share drive tax returns;
• Provide on a quarterly basis such tax returns to the Group tax team for review purposes;
• Inform management and Group Tax team on new tax changes and requirement in the industry and in the country at large;
• Complete monthly, quarterly and annual tax reports and returns;
• Reconcile all taxes documentation such as corporate income tax, VAT, WHT, etc. to avoid difference in turnover declarations;
• Organize and update the company’s tax database;
• Recommend tax strategies that align with business goals;
• Prepare necessary paperwork for tax payments and returns;
• Share financial data with the accounting department and ensure such data is filed on the shared drive;
• Identify tax savings and suggest ways to increase profits;
• Follow industry trends and track changes related to taxes;
• Liaise with internal and external auditors in all tax related matters;
• Forecast tax predictions to senior manager;
• Respond to various tax queries.
Key Working Relations:
• Reginal & Group Finance offices
• Operations & HSSEQ Department members
• Finance, Commercial, Local HR Department
• Contractors and service providers
• Industry regulators and other relevant authorities
Experience & education required:
• 2+ years’ work experience as a Tax Accountant ; experience in the oil and gas industry, an advantage.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, Tax Management qualification
• Full grade 12 school certificate with five credits (English and Mathematics inclusive).
• Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures;
• Knowledge of government tax regulations;
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers/ Group Tax team;
• Familiarity with accounting software packages;
• Computer literacy (MS Excel in particular);
• Analytical and time management skills;
• Strong numeracy skills;
• Keen attention to details;
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested persons should apply enclosing Academic and Professional Qualifications, plus a Comprehensive CV: stating the Position in the Subject Line of the email to – email@example.com not later than 24/01/2023.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.