Jobs at:Zambia Sugar
Deadline of this Job:
08 June 2022
Date Posted: Friday, May 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Zambia Sugar Plc is a subsidiary of Illovo Sugar Africa (Pty) Ltd Group and is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugar cane, the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products.
Tax Accountant (1 Position, Middle Management) – Nakambala (Mazabuka)
The Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Tax Accountant in the Finance Department, based at the Nakambala offices in Mazabuka. This position reports to the Tax Specialist.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for ensuring tax compliance with tax legislation and mitigates potential tax exposures.
Key performance areas
• Compliance with tax regulations which affect Zambia Sugar Plc operations at all times.
• Prepares all tax returns and payments for the following tax types, including their timely processing to avoid tax penalties: Monthly Pay As You Earn (PAYE) payments; Monthly Value Added Tax (VAT) payments (Sales Tax), Monthly Withholding Tax WHT payments; Quarterly Income tax provisional payments and Annual corporate tax returns.
• Maintains detailed supporting schedules for all tax returns and payments.
• Prepares tax journals and reconciliation of tax related accounts to ensure the accuracy and integrity of ledger transactions.
• Collection and reconciliation of withholding tax certificates from Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA).
• Provision of withholding VAT confirmations to all suppliers.
• Ensures all Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA) legal requirements are met in order to mitigate potential tax risks.
• Communicates tax legislative requirements and ensure records are kept in relevant departments to ensure compliance at all levels of the business.
• Files all Tax returns.
• Withholding VAT reconciliations with suppliers and Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA).
• Ensures full compliance with internal control matrix (ICM) in respect of controls relating to taxation and record keeping.
• Contributes to the development of a positive team culture.
• Embraces self-development and continuous personal growth.
• Promotes and adheres to Group procedures, policies and guidelines, including, without limitation those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC).
• Full Grade 12 Certificate
• Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy / CIMA / ACCA / CA Zambia or Equivalent
• 5 years’ relevant working experience
• Member of Zambia Institute of Charted Accountants (ZICA)
• Strong business analytic skills with emphasis on accounting and reporting skills
• Goal-orientated and committed to delivering quality outputs.
• Ability to work effectively and proactively under pressure within limited time constraints
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to build strong relationships
• Value alignment to Illovo values
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please submit your detailed CV, copies of relevant qualifications, relevant professional accreditation, registrations and ID/Passport to email@example.com . The subject of your email should read: Application: Tax Accountant, respectively.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 8 June, 2022.
Applicants may be required to complete pre-employment checks (qualification, credit, security, background, and medical assessments) as part of the recruitment process where applicable.
Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.