Taxation Accountant – Indirect Tax
Jobs at:Precision Recruitment International
Deadline of this Job:
05 June 2022
Date Posted: Monday, May 30, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Overall Job Purpose Ensuring compliance for all VAT, Custom Duties and PAYE. The role focuses on the remittance of VAT, import & export duties and PAYE payments, returns, and the research of tax inquires. The Tax Accountant plays an integral part in supporting senior finance management in areas of tax compliance, internal control and financial reporting.
• Manages all VAT, PAYE and Custom Duties of the business under the direct supervision of the Accounting Superintendent.
• Prepares, organizes, and compiles data for the preparation of annual filings and statutory tax returns for VAT and PAYE. Reviews and approves treatment of import and export entries ensure correct taxes are paid by Goods in Transit team.
• Prepares tax estimates and planning and becomes highly involved in tax planning.
• Reviews tax accruals and taxing authorities’ draft responses and notices.
• Take ownership and key contact for Zambia Revenue Authority for VAT, Custom Duty and PAYE.
Experience Required to Perform in This Job
• Minimum 3 to 5 years of tax/accounting experience. Qualifications
• Full grade twelve (G12) school certificate.
• Degree in Accounting and professional accountancy qualification (e.g. ACCA, CIMA, ZICA etc.) or studying towards that.
• Member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.