Team Lead, Finance and Operations
Deadline of this Job:
31 May 2022
Date Posted: Monday, May 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Team Lead, Finance and Operations
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, health and nutrition, water sanitation and hygiene, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.
The Scaling Up Nutrition Program is a cross-ministry and multi-donor program to reduce stunting in Zambia through implementation of the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) 1,000 Most Critical Days Program. SUN TA provides support and direct technical assistance to sub-national local government departments in target districts to plan, implement, coordinate, and monitor integrated nutrition-sensitive and nutrition-specific activities to reduce the rate of stunting among Zambian children under two and improve the nutritional status of pregnant and lactating mothers. USAID has identified two main objectives that address stunting, including (1) Adequate Quantity and Quality of Dietary Intake among Target Groups; and (2) Adequate Health Conditions for Biological Utilization of Nutrients. SUN TA interventions increase access and availability of safe, diverse, nutritious food; adoption of better child feeding and household hygiene practices; and access to improved health, water and sanitation services. The project prioritizes sustainability by improving intra-household joint decision making and building the capacity of local government and their stakeholders to ensure coordination, accountability, and learning, following the Scaling Up Nutrition model.
The Team Lead, Finance and Operations, using existing DAI policies and procedures, will oversee operations which cover grants, procurement, finance, contract management, cost control, and management systems.
In addition, the Team Lead, Finance and Operations will provide financial leadership and operational oversight for all aspects of the project in accordance with United States Government (USG) and USAID regulation and policies including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR). S/he will work closely with Chief of Party (COP), Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)-Technical, and Senior Management Team (SMT) Members to ensure that the project’s operational capacity is effectively leveraged to support achievement of SUN TA results. The Team Lead, Finance and Operations will use existing DAI financial systems and procedures to manage and administer the budget and will create program specific strategies to contain and track costs as needed. The Team Lead, Finance and Operations will be based in Lusaka, Zambia and will report to the Chief of Party.
Position Salary Grade: 12
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
The Team Lead, Finance and Operations will oversee the financial operations and management of the project, manage the strategic programming of funds and provide recommendations on the overall financial management of the project. Detailed duties include:
• Maintain, regularly update, and analyze the project budget and oversee regular and accurate reporting to USAID and DAI
• Contribute to project pipeline analysis, providing input into the quarterly review process and budget realignments
• Direct and monitor the management of cash and other assets to ensure integrity and efficiency in the use of financial resources
• Ensure the project is in compliance with all tax liabilities
• Establish and implement a sound internal control system to ensure all the reliable, timely and accurate financial data.
• Conduct regular internal audit of financial transactions, make recommendations and implement follow-up actions
• Ensure adhere to DAI systems and policies for local procurement to promote expediency, accountability, and transparency while minimizing risk.
• Ensure timely procurement to support SUN TA project goals and objectives
• Manage procurement in collaboration with dedicated project procurement teams, including developing procurement specifications, conducting tenders, and overseeing vendor selection
• Ensure that procurement is at all times conducted in accordance with USAID regulations and DAI policies and documented clearly and accurately
• Manage grants in collaboration with dedicated project grants team
• Ensure adherence to DAI systems and policies for construction related Indefinite Quantities Contracts (IQCs) and Task Orders (TO) to ensure timely implementation, accountability and transparency while minimizing risks
• Ensure timely implementation of Grants Under Contracts (GUC) to support project implementation and meet project targets and objectives.
• Working with the dedicated IT team, oversee implementation and maintenance of IT systems and equipment and maintain compliance with IT related USG regulations.
• Oversee the administration and operation functions of the project which incorporate office management, vehicle management, fuel management, inventory management and operational supplies.
• Working with the dedicated operation team, ensure full compliance with DAI policy and timely support to the project activities.
• Serve as primary security focal person for SUN TA with Home Office and ensure adherence t DAI security protocols
• Fulfill Finance and Operations related request from the Home Office Project Management Unit, Internal Audit and other departments
Perform such other functions as the Chief of Party considers appropriate.
Reporting and Supervision
The Team Lead, Finance and Operations reports to the COP. Direct Reports: Director of Finance, Procurement Manager, Grants Manager, IT Manager and Operations Manager.
• 10 years’ senior management experience in operation and financial management of a large-scale entity.
• Strong supervisory work experience that involved direct leadership of professional and support staff, oversight and evaluation of staff performance and deliverables, and contract management
• Master’s degree in accounting, finance, management, business administration or equivalent required
• High level of knowledge regarding USG and USAID rules and regulations for grants and contracts is required.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and manage large budgets, and in-depth knowledge of USG Cost Accounting Standards
• Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and/or experiences in accounting, financial planning and management, procurement and contract management, among other management support areas/functions
• Knowledge of applicable Zambian laws and policies on financial, procurement procedures and human resources.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.