Technical Coach – Ancillary
Jobs at:First Quantum Minerals
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, November 30 2023
Date Posted: Friday, November 17 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Deliver coaching and training according to the needs identified in the various sections of fleet maintenance department. ‘On the job’ coaching will be the primary method used in the department.
• Ability to role model good practice and create of a continuous learning environment; through the use of coaching methodologies and various instructional techniques identified via training needs assessments or observations.
• Use effective listening, assertiveness and questioning to support learners to engage with their learning plans and with assessment criteria and processes.
• Champion quality and provide visible leadership ‘on-the-floor’ in FQM operations.
• Use assessments and observations to identify skill gaps; create and deliver suitable interventions to address these gaps and then follow up to assess impact.
• Identify high potential Artisans with ability and aspiration to progress to more senior roles and support their development.
• Design and complete assessments against the FQM proficiency framework.
• Adhere to and champion safe working procedures for all work areas.
• Record interventions, actions assigned and progress using the learning management tools provided by the company.
• Frequently evaluate and report on the impact and effectiveness of the ongoing initiatives; make improvements as needed.
• Prepare supporting material for the delivery of coaching and training.
• Recognize and celebrate achievements and success in the team; provide candid feedback, engage at all levels and lead with a People First mindset.
• Create a coaching culture across the organization and upskill others in coaching methodologies.
• Collaborate with training department to define training needs based on assessments completed.
• Full grade twelve (G12) school certificate.
• Minimum of diploma in Heavy Equipment Repair or trade equivalent.
• A degree in the relevant field of study will be an added advantage.
• OEM certification to Level 3/4 will be an added advantage.
• Valid EIZ licence.
• Solid computer skills including use of MS Office (Word, Excel & Outlook), with a willingness to learn new software programs.
• Full grade twelve (G12) school certificate.
• Demonstrable coaching experience (or coaching certification) in upskilling a workforce and/or deployment and execution of a coaching programme within an organisation.
• A minimum of 10 years’ maintenance experience in mobile maintenance within open-pit mining operations. Of this a minimum of 5 years as a machine technical expert.
• The ideal candidate will have experience across Komatsu and CAT Equipment which includes but not limited to Komatsu Dozers DZ475A, DZ375A and DZ275A; Komatsu Graders GD675A and GD825A; Wheel Dozers WD900; Wheel Loaders WA500, WA600 and WA900; CAT dozer 10T and CAT loaders 988G and 992G.
• Experience with ultra-class mining equipment preferred.
• Experience working for an OEM is preferred (or similar role that has given deep experience of equipment)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Experience acting at a supervisory level.
• Mining industry experience required.
• A passion for coaching and development – this role requires individuals with deep technical knowledge of mining equipment with the ability to transfer that knowledge through on the job coaching and training.
• Able to deliver with professionalism, honesty and integrity; and be seen as fair at all times.
• Well-developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills – great listening and questioning skills and able to engage and inspire people on a topic.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to explain technical concepts in a non-complicated way.
• Maintain a professional approach to duties and responsibilities with the capability of making timely, rational decisions and an ability to meet deadlines.
• Commitment to reach or exceed assigned goals – strong desire to make a difference.
• Ability to work under minimum supervision; and drive to deliver in a technically challenging and geographically remote maintenance environment.
• Be resilient and adaptable when dealing with challenge and change, maintaining focus and self-control.
Job Specific Competences
• Must have Subject Matter Expert Level experience on role relevant equipment.
• Knowledge of legislation governing mining safety regulation
• Training needs assessment skills
• Training Design skills
• Training Evaluation skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Communication, facilitation and presentation skills with excellent command of the English language (verbal & written).
• Training material and assessment documents development.
• Knowledge of e-learning platforms.
• Good Job planning skills.
• Ability to role model Industry best practice
• Providing feedback
• Recognition and celebrating success.
• Build trust.
• Goal Setting
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education:
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.