Vacancy title: Treasury Administrator[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Manufacturing , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Zambia Sugar
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, May 23 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 16 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Zambia Sugar Plc is a subsidiary of the Illovo Sugar Company (Pty) Ltd Group and is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugar cane, the production and marketing of sugar and other downstream products.
The company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Treasury Administrator in Finance Department.
The position reports to the Treasury Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Treasury Manager in managing Treasury’s liquidity including daily funding requirements, interest rate exposure, foreign exchange exposure and managing the day-to-day treasury activities.
• Perform bank reconciliations and ensure all reconciling items are resolved timely.
• Make payments for daily customer deposits and communicate respective payments details to sales office.
• Systematic filing of bank statements /ledger transactions and all correspondences relating to banking transactions with utmost confidentiality
• Perform bank reconciliations within 2 working days of the rolling over the cash books and following up on any outstanding items.
• Liaise with depot agents on banking transactions and any long outstanding items on the cash clearing accounts.
• Timely report to Treasury Manager any challenges that may be faced in the processing of banking transactions or where intervention may be required.
• Ensure the completeness of bank deposits by following up on all payments on the cash clearing accounts and ensuring that payments are batched daily.
• Transfer money between bank accounts as required and ensuring that all transfers are processed in the cashbooks.
• Support Dividend payments as and when required.
• Reconcile control accounts as may be allocated and ensuring all reconciling items are cleared timely.
• Identify matters that require special attention and communicate or escalate as required and appropriate.
Minimum specifications / Requirements areas
• Full Grade 12 Certificate
• Diploma in Accounting (ACCA, CIMA, ZICA). BSc/BA Degree will be an added advantage
• At least 3 years relevant working experience.
• Treasury background will be an added advantage
• Excel proficiency is required.
• Member of Zambia Institute of Charted Accountants (ZICA)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please submit your detailed CV, copies of relevant qualifications, registrations and ID/Passport for the attention of HR Business Partner
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Application – Treasury Administrator” in the subject line.
Closing date for applications is 23 May 2023.
Applicants may be required to complete pre-employment checks (qualification, credit, security, background, and medical assessments) as part of the recruitment process where applicable.
Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.