Vacancy title: Veterinary Field Coordinator[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources , Category: Agricultural Services & Products ]
Jobs at:Livestock Business
Deadline of this Job:
09 January 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
A fast growing livestock company is seeking to employ Three (03) Veterinary Field Coordinators (VFC) that will lead and facilitate veterinary extension activities among smallholder livestock farmers including the adoption of improved animal management, production practices and standards in all operating areas to ensure that animal health, animal husbandry and product quality assurance is achieved.
The VFC will also ensure that all participant farmers have the knowledge and skills to humanely maximize their animals’ productivity and reduce the cost of production to the lowest level possible and will work in close collaboration and coordination with field staff.
He/she shall also support the Project Manager on implementing day-to-day activities and Lead Farmers in diagnosing and treatment of diseases and dysfunctions of animals including the adoption of pastures and forage practices.
Key performance areas:
1. Promote adoption, and sharing of improved fodder and pasture production best practices
2. Establish pasture and fodder demonstration fields as well as continuous adoption of improved fodder and pasture production amongst target farmers
3. Capacity build and Train farmers on improved animal husbandry, disease prevention and control
4. Conduct field demonstrations, visits and document changes in management practices
5. Encourage the adoption of AI practices and adoption of high hybrid breeds
6. Strengthened entrepreneurial capacities among smallholder farmers
7. Facilitate and develop strategies that will ensure improved livestock welfare and environmental safety (protection/preservation and conservation)
8. Promote and Implement integrated Climate Smart Agriculture
9. Measures adoption of pasture and sustainable pasture availability (year-round, quality and quantity) and management
10. Collect data and maintain a good recording system on the performance of livestock value chains for inclusion in reports and databases for Monitoring and Evaluation
11. Document lessons learned, best practices and success stories
12. Promoted community-led ME&L systems
Education: A Minimum of Diploma in Animal Science or a related field.
Experience: Experience in rural farmer centric participatory approaches and community mobilization activities. Minimum of 3 years’ experience with a valid practicing license from the Veterinary Association of Zambia (VAZ).
• Ability to travel away from home at short notice and for long periods. Must have a driver’s license and/ or ability to ride motor bike
• Commitment to organizational goals and vision
• Ability to resolve group conflicts and sensitive to social issues such as gender and social norms
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to establish priorities and work with minimal supervision to meet deadlines
• Enjoy assisting people
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Send cover letter, certified copies of academic certificates and CV; including a list of names of three (3) referees and salary expectations to Manager, Human Capital, email HCrecruiter@proton.me on/ before the 12th January 2023.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.