Wellness Centre Coordinator
Jobs at:John Snow Health Zambia Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, December 04 2023
Date Posted: Monday, November 20 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
1. Roles Purpose
• The Wellness Centre Coordinator will lead a team in the roll-out and implementation and management a Wellness Centre. The Wellness Centre Coordinator will be responsible for creating an enabling environment for both Wellness Centre staff and beneficiaries. He/she will be responsible for the provision of excellent healthcare including HTS and to Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP). He/she will work with a number of assigned Wellness Center staff to provide quality HIV services and PrEP to key populations and ensure continuity of care, monitoring of patients and reporting of program data. He/She will work with the management of the health facilities linked to the Wellness to ensure the provision of all health services in a one-stop-shop approach in each of the Wellness Centres. He/she will be responsible for effective stakeholder engagement and management to facilitate the successful roll-out of Wellness center interventions.
2. Tasks and Responsibilities
• Work with the District Epidemic Control Centre (DEpiCC) Manager to ensure high quality and evidence base design of differentiated Service Delivery (DSD Models) of Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) for HIV prevention and management of ART in the context of key population in implementation strategies at the Wellness Centre level.
• Manage the day-to-day running of the Wellness Centre, including supervision of Clinicians,
Professional Counsellor, Outreach Assistants, Administrative Assistants, Data Clerks, Peer Promotors, Lay Counsellors and Peer promoters.
• Act as a focal point person between the Wellness Centres and other health facilities and entities where key populations will be referred to access services that will not be available at the centre.
• Conduct daily, weekly and monthly planning and review meetings with staff at the Wellness Centre provide onsite support, mentorship and coaching
• Coordinate inventory, stocks and assets at the Wellness Centres
• Consolidate monthly performance data and report timely into the Wellness Centre Database
• Work with the linked health facility to ensure the continuous supply chain of commodities and ease referral and linkage process for social and HIV services at the Wellness Centre. These may include referrals for treatment, viral load testing, GBV and social and economic strengthening
• Complete a data quality checklist, review and approve DHIS2 reports for all completed documents filled
• Support troubleshooting and engagement of key stakeholders to ensure that programs at the Wellness Centre runs smoothly
• Submission of consolidated activity monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports to the District Epidemic Control Centre (DEpiCC) Manager
• Coordinate development and tracking of Wellness Centre budgets and recommend request for payments for activities within the Wellness Centre
• Promote KP community leadership engagement in the HIV response and relevant strategic planning at the Wellness Centre
• Collect, collate, and submit program data on priority indicators for the KP interventions in line with program timelines.
• Ensure availability of SOPs at the Wellness Centers
• Demonstrates effective collaboration and problem-solving skills when working with other stakeholders
• Adhere to JSH personnel, financial, operations and fraud management policies.
• Participate in any other tasks as requested by supervisor and/or CHEKUP II management.
3. Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Behaviors:
• Degree in Clinical Medicine/Nursing or health-related field. Master’s in public Health and/or a clinical background will be an added advantage
• Must have a valid Practicing license and be able to provide HIV Care and Treatment services in line with national guidelines.
• At least three years of experience working with Key populations-led Civil Society Organizations, key population communities in HIV prevention and treatment service provision
• At least three years’ experience managing an HIV-related programs
• Experience in working with Key Populations will be an added advantage
• Ability to organize, plan, coordinate and direct a variety of programs and services
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
• Demonstrates an extensive knowledge of key population health, mental health, substance use/abuse and reproductive health
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing, for a variety of audiences
• Demonstrates the ability to work in a diverse environment with marginalized and vulnerable communities
• Demonstrates effective listening skills.
• Demonstrates effective conflict resolution skills and the ability to deal with confrontational situations in a positive manner.
• Demonstrates effective collaboration and problem-solving skills when working with other district and outside agency personnel.
• Mastery of basic computer skills (word processing, e-mail, internet, database, spreadsheet, student information system)
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and provide self-directed leadership
• An empathetic, devoted and respectful individual with good interpersonal communication, team building, and writing skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• To apply for the above position, please complete the application form available on the following link. Applicants must submit a cover letter and CV with three traceable references, full addresses and contact information via the application form by November 23, 2023, 12:00hrs. Applicants should be a resident in the district where position is vacant. No telephone inquiries. Please note that applications not meeting the above application guidelines will not be considered. Finalists will be contacted within 3 weeks of the closing date.
• Wellness Centre Coordinator – link
• John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decision.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.