Jobs at:National Institute for Scientific and Industrial Research(NISIR)
Deadline of this Job:
15 February 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The National Institute for Scientific and Industrial Research (NISIR) is a government institution under the newly created Ministry of Technology & Science, established by the Science and Technology Act (No 26) of 1997 through Statutory Instrument No 73 of 1998, after the repeal of the National Council for Scientific Research (NCSR) Act, CAP 236 of the Laws of Zambia.
The Zambian government has prioritized Science & Technology as a key driver for socio-economic transformation. NISIR is looking for young, ambitious and innovative self-starters who are ready to tackle and lead challenging projects. Are you a:
1. Fresh graduate with a STEM background?
2. Suitably qualified, relevantly experienced, self-motivated Scientists or Engineer?
3. Suitably qualified, relevantly experienced, self-motivated HR and Accounting Staff?
We invite you to join NISIR. We offer an attractive environment for conducting Science & Technology innovation that advances national development and improves the quality of lives for our citizens. The following position is open, and females are encouraged to apply.
Position: Assistant Accountant (HQ) (3-year fixed term contract. Renewable depending on performance)
• Grade 12 certificate with credits in English and Mathematics
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Part II of ZICA/ACCA /CIMA.
• Full ZICA/ACCA/ CIMA will be an added advantage.
Purpose of the Job:
To provide Assurance to Management and the Board on the effectiveness of Governance, Risk management and control processes.
Main Duties of the Job.
• To verify payments to ensure that proper supporting documents are available
• To code expenditure to the cost units and cost centers in accordance with the Chart of Accounts
• To undertake daily postings of transactions to Pastel or SAGE 300
• To timely reconcile all Control accounts and to reconcile and maintain the Travel advance (TA) Journal
• To effectively maintain the creditors ledger
• To prepare bank reconciliations
• To verify monthly financial reports from Plant Science Research and Animal Science Research Centers
• To produce monthly/Quarterly/yearly Trial Balances
• To supervise Accounts Payable staff
• To perform any other duty as may be assigned to you from time to time
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Women are encouraged to apply. Qualifying applicants should send their detailed CV, copies of professional documents/certificates, cover letter with at least 3 traceable referees and their day contact details to:
National Institute for Scientific and Industrial Research
P.O. Box 310158
Or by email to: email@example.com
Closing date 15th February, 2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.