Senior Accounts Officer – Cashiering
Jobs at:Nico Insurance Zambia Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, July 21 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 18 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• NICO Insurance Zambia Limited, a general insurance company, has been operating in Zambia since 1st October 1997, and has branches in Lusaka, Kitwe, Ndola, Livingstone and Chipata. NICO Insurance Zambia Limited is a member of NICO Group of Companies operating in Malawi, and Sanlam through Sanlam Emerging Markets. The Company is now seeking to identify a qualified individual to be engaged as Senior Accounts Officer- Cashiering.
Reporting to the Team Lead Financial Reporting, the Senior Accounts Officer Cashiering’s main
duties will include the following:
• Receipting of cash, cheques and bank transfers and the allocation to correct client, agent & broker accounts.
• Preparation of Head Office daily banking reports and compiling of daily banking reports from all the branches.
• Managing petty cash in line with internal control procedures and maintaining sufficient petty cash float to meet demands.
• Performing bi-weekly and monthly bank and general ledger reconciliations with timely follow up and closure of reconciling items.
• Preparation of audit schedules that agree with General Ledger.
• Preparation and submission of VAT and IPL returns before deadlines.
• Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
• Have a diploma in Finance, Accounting, Audit or equivalent.
• Have a minimum of two (2) years in experience in busy Accounting/Finance environment.
• High level of integrity
• Attention to detail
• High levels of adaptability
• Good communication skills
• Hard worker
• Team player
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
• Those who meet the above stated requirements may send their applications letters accompanied with copies of their academic, educational qualifications and curriculum vitae to:
• The Human Resource & Administration Manager
NICO Insurance Zambia Limited
Plot number 6106/61607, Great East Road, Northmead,
P.O. Box 32825,
• Or via the following email address: email@example.com
• The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 21st July, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.