Tax & Treasury Accountant
Jobs at:Chilanga Cement
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, September 09 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, August 26 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Overall Mission of the Role:
• The role of the Tax and Treasury Accountant is to provide support and ensure that the company complies with its tax obligations and review processes of exports/imports, customs declarations, payments, and reconciliation of tax accounts between the Zambia Revenue Authority and Chilanga Cement.
Tax Process Management
• Preparation of computations/calculations of Corporation Income Tax (CIT), Withholding Tax (WHT), Value Added Tax (VAT), Excise Duty, Withholding VAT (WVAT), Mineral Royalty taxes and Property Transfer Tax.
• Response preparation to tax queries arising from filing of tax returns including conduct of tax accounts reconciliations to ensure that records are up to date with the Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA).
• Apply for, follow up and disseminate WHT certificates to suppliers including providing of responses to all WHT queries.
• Prepare, maintain and update monthly and annual files comprising of returns, receipts and supporting workings and documents.
• Ensure tax compliance as provided under the Customs and Exercise Act.
• Continuously engaging Clearing Agents to ensure accuracy and completeness of all declarations for customs purposes.
Tax Risk and Management
• Proactively conduct tax health checks across functions.
• Identify current and potential tax risks in the country, advising the strategy against each risk and tracking the strategy implementation thereof.
• Review of key business transactions and ensuring the required documentation for tax purposes is maintained at all times.
• Timely monitoring and research on relevant taxation trends.
• Continuous review of business processes in order to ensure compliance with transfer pricing regulations.
• Timely resolution of tax audit issues.
• Act as an audit SPOC as and when there is an audit.
• Compilation of all Month-End HQ Reporting requirements.
• Monthly analysis of movements in each tax type and provide detailed explanations of the movements in each tax type.
• Provide Support to the treasury function which will include group reports and bank reconciliations.
Qualifications, Experience and skills required:
• Level 2 – CIMA Managerial/ACCA CA (Zambia) Application, ZICA Licentiate or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• Minimum of 2 years of tax accounting experience
• Attention to detail
• Time Management
• Communication and presentation skills
• Basic Record Management skills
• Team player
Must have knowledge base in the following:
• Tax legislation
• Tax returns
• Accounting principles
• ZRA tax online
• Business systems and controls
• Financial Accounting
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested applicants may send their application letters and Curriculum Vitae to the under-listed no later than , 28th August, 2023. Applicants do not need to send copies of their qualifications at this stage.
• Applicants should ensure that the position they are applying for is clearly written in the subject of the email. Only emailed applications will be accepted and should be sent to:
• E-Mail Address: email@example.com
• Please also note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.