4 Credit Analyst
Jobs at:Avofin Financial Services
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, July 24 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 19 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The company is an International digital lending fintech operating in emerging markets and launched operations in Zambia in 2023. We offer modern online micro lending services to private individuals in the most convenient way. Successful development of Avofin has been underpinned by custom-made in-house advanced AI-technology, exceptional customer experience, efficient loan portfolio management and robust capital structure.
• Due to further expansion, we are inviting suitably qualified ambitious, experienced, self-motivated individuals to apply for the position of Credit Analyst.
• As a Credit Analyst, your primary responsibility will be to assess the creditworthiness of loan applicants, conduct risk analysis, and make informed lending decisions. You will play a crucial role in evaluating loan applications, analyzing financial information, and ensuring compliance with lending policies and regulations. Your strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and knowledge of microfinance principles will be essential in maintaining a healthy loan portfolio and supporting the company’s mission of financial inclusion.
• Credit Evaluation: Evaluate loan applications and assess the creditworthiness of borrowers based on established lending criteria. Analyze financial statements, credit reports, and other relevant documents to determine repayment capacity, risk level, and loan suitability.
• Risk Analysis: Conduct comprehensive risk analysis to identify potential risks associated with loan applications. Assess factors such as borrower’s income, cash flow, collateral, and character to determine the probability of default and establish appropriate loan terms, interest rates, and loan amounts.
• Financial Statement Analysis: Analyze and interpret financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements, to assess the financial health of borrowers. Evaluate trends, ratios, and key financial indicators to gain insights into the borrower’s ability to meet loan obligations.
• Loan Structuring: Structure loan proposals and recommend appropriate loan terms, repayment schedules, and interest rates based on the borrower’s risk profile and repayment capacity. Ensure adherence to microfinance principles, such as fair interest rates, client protection, and responsible lending practices.
• Compliance and Due Diligence: Conduct due diligence on borrowers, ensuring compliance with internal policies, industry regulations, and legal requirements. Verify borrower information, assess eligibility criteria, and ensure accurate documentation and record-keeping.
• Credit Monitoring: Monitor the performance of loan portfolios, track repayment patterns, and identify early warning signs of potential delinquencies. Review ongoing credit risk exposure and take proactive measures to mitigate risks.
• Relationship Management: Collaborate with loan officers, clients, and internal stakeholders to gather information, clarify loan requirements, and ensure a smooth loan application process. Build and maintain relationships with borrowers, providing guidance and support throughout the lending lifecycle.
• Reporting and Documentation: Prepare accurate and timely credit analysis reports, loan documentation, and credit memos. Maintain comprehensive records of loan applications, decisions, and post-lending monitoring activities. Provide regular reports on credit quality, portfolio performance, and risk assessment to management.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or a related field (Master’s degree preferred).
• Proven experience (typically 2+ years) as a credit analyst in a microfinance institution or a financial institution serving underserved populations.
• Strong understanding of microfinance principles, lending methodologies, and credit analysis techniques.
• Proficiency in analyzing financial statements, credit reports, and conducting risk assessments.
• Familiarity with microfinance regulations, client protection principles, and responsible lending practices.
• Knowledge of relevant industry software and tools for credit analysis.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to present complex financial information clearly.
• Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively in a team environment.
• Familiarity with data analysis and reporting tools.
• High ethical standards and commitment to promoting financial inclusion.
• Fluency in local languages relevant to the microfinance company’s target market is advantageous.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Please share your application, consisting of your cover letter and CV only to email@example.com. Copies of certificates need NOT be attached.
• Closing date for accepting applications is Monday 24th of July,2023
• Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.