Vacancy title: Accounts Assistant – Receivables[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Professional Services , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Talent House
Deadline of this Job:
31 October 2022
Date Posted: Friday, October 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our clients are seeking a talented individual to fill up the role of Accounts Receivables Assistant to be reporting to the internal controls accountant, and also to provide support to the financial and controls department by managing daily accounting tasks. You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency by resolving all reconciling items and ensuring standards and procedures are followed.
Bata shoe company limited, is a manufacturing company which has been in operations since 1937, with its operations in lusaka where it produces Zambia’s favourite gumboots (the mukuwa and rain master). For over 13 decades, Bata has been on the leading edge of footwear design. Today, professionals in Bata’s Shoe Innovation Centers around the world continue the tradition of innovation as they dedicate themselves to discovering new shoe materials, developing modern shoe technologies, and creating fresh footwear that marries style with comfort.
About the role
The role requires an individual with knowledge on International Accounting Standards, chart of authorities and how to go around the finance risk controls matrix. You must be up to date with different government legislations such as VAT Act, income Tax Act and PAYE guide. Must equally have knowledge on adonis guide as well as BSO accounting procedures and guidelines and managing of internal memos and travel plans.
• Review the company Credit Policy and Procedures and develop and implement enhancement where required.
• Assigning registration numbers to supplier Invoices, credit notes and debit notes.
• Managing the outstanding customer balances falling due and ensuring amounts are paid before the balances become overdue.
• Ensure credit limits are adhered to and discounts given per regulations existing at the time.
• Posting of Customer Invoices to respective accounts.
• Booking and reconciling rent receivable accounts.
• Ensure set procedures and control of invoices, credit notes, etc. are followed
• Prepare monthly age analysis for Ledger account balances
• Ensure quarterly confirmation of balances for accounts are properly prepared and mailed to customers within the required time.
• Filling of all documents relating to the receivable section.
• Any other duty which may be assigned by superiors.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Accounting from a reputable institution
CIMA level 2/ACCA Level 2
• Bachelor in accounting will be added advantage
• At least three (3) years of experience in accounting
• Active ZICA member
• Exceptional knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and accounting procedures
• Proficient in MS Excel, data entry, and an accounting software
• Can maintain strict confidentiality when handling financial data
• Attention to detail, analytical skills
• Good Spoken and written communication skills
The incumbent will receive a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.