Jobs at:Minor International
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, September 15 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, September 02 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties And Responsibilities:
Invoicing and Billing:
• Ensure that invoices are accurate, contain all relevant details, and are sent to guests in a timely manner.
• Check all invoices and all incidental charges are properly charged.
• Ensure the transfer from the Guest Ledger to the City Ledger within three days after the group’s checkout.
• Maintain a photocopy or scanned copy of the entire set of verified invoices and supporting.
• Verify and approve the invoice and supporting documents.
• Ensure timely and accurate billing to the customer.
• Maintain detailed collection logs with specific response times and promises followed up on.
• 1st reminder should be made when over the due date.
• 2nd reminder should be made 7 days after the first reminder if no response from the customer (15 days for foreign travel agents).
• 3rd reminder should be made at intervals of 7 days if payment is not received after the 2nd reminder. (15 days for foreign travel agents).
• Discuss in the credit meeting whether to send the last collection letter or forward the case to collection agencies.
• To ensure all proof of payments and remittance advice are filed.
• Contact guest immediately for any short/partial payments.
• Post payment details – gross and deduction (if any, based on approved rebate vouchers)
• Record and process payments received from guests into the hotel’s accounting system accurately and timely.
• Reconcile payments with invoices and update guest accounts accordingly.
• Monitor accounts to ensure timely payment from guests and follow up on any overdue payments.
• Provide regular reports on accounts receivable status, aging of outstanding receivables, and payment trends.
• Provide weekly reports in preparation for the Finance AR review.
• Assist in financial reporting and analysis related to accounts receivable as needed.
Coordinating with Other Departments:
• Collaborate with the Front Desk, Sales, and Revenue Management teams to ensure accurate billing and resolve any payment-related issues.
• Coordinate with the Finance or Accounting Department to reconcile accounts and maintain financial records.
• Adhere to relevant accounting principles, legal requirements, and internal policies related to accounts receivable operations.
• Ensure compliance with tax regulations and reporting requirements.
• Carry out any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Financial Controller, or other Supervisor.
• Must possess the appropriate professional qualification. (An accounting Degree is an advantage)
• Be able to communicate by the English Language with reading, writing, and speaking skills.
• Be able to work with computer applications, particularly Microsoft Office products, and email with experience in the general ledger and other hotel-related computer operating systems.
Full grade twelve school certificate
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.