Vacancy title: Assistant Accountant – Receivables[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Consulting , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy
Deadline of this Job:
12 September 2022
Date Posted: Friday, August 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Assistant Accountant Receivables will be responsible for processing and managing payments received and provide related accounting and administrative support. Will be required to collect payments for the company using skills in organization management, negotiating and communications to collect the payments from corporate clients. Take the lead in tracking payments, making banking deposits and running reports that document profits and losses for the company.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
• Maintain bookkeeping databases and spreadsheets, updating information as needed
• Communicate with previous clients and customers to request payment and arrange payment plans
• Processing and recording transactions.
• Maintaining records regarding payments and account statuses
• Obtaining information from other departments to ensure records are accurate and complete and that accounts receivable ledgers and journals are up-to-date.
• Working with the collections department to review accounts, client payments, credit history, and develop new or better repayment terms.
• Collect payment from customers and accurately record it into the system (SAP)
• Create reports and balance sheets that document overall profits and losses
• Update client accounts based on payment or contact information
• Carry out billing, collection and reporting activities according to a specific deadline
• Monitor customer account details for non-payments delayed payments and other irregularities
• Research and resolve payment discrepancies
• Generate age analysis and review AR ageing to ensure compliance
• Work with the Senior Accountant to develop a recovery system and initiate collection efforts
• Performing administrative and clerical tasks, such as data entry, preparing invoices, sending bill reminders, filing paperwork, and contacting clients to discuss their accounts.
Required Skills and Competencies;
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Organizational skills
• Good Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
• Team player
• Stress tolerance
• Sense of urgency
• Attention to detail Skills
• Customer service skills
• Sober Minded
Qualifications and Experience
• Finalist of ACCA / CIMA / CA Zambia OR
• Degree/ Diploma in Accounting or Finance
• Must have a minimum of 3+ years experience in Accounts Receivables
• Must have proven knowledge of accounts receivable
• Must be conversant with spreadsheets and SAP Accounting package
• Knowledge of office administration and procedures
• Knowledge of general accounting principals
• Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements
• Must have good interpersonal communications skills to deal with issues
• Must be a member of ZICA
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy in email@example.com
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.