Jobs at:KSM Management Consultants Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, September 21 2023
Date Posted: Friday, September 15 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Do You Have What It Takes?
• The ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT will be responsible for assisting senior management in managing debtors, managing suppliers, management of bank and cash accounts, Sage Online Journal Preparation and Project Tracking, submission of Statutory Returns and participating in Annual Audits and Reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Management of Debtors
Assist senior management in the management of debtors by performing the following duties:
1. Ensure that customer invoices are accurately and timely raised at the end of each month for review and sign and distribution to the customers and that such invoices are supported by POs where necessary;
2. Produce an accurately prepared customer statements for each customer at the end of each month;
3. Make a follow-up with customers on all outstanding POs necessary for raising customer statement;
4. Produce an accurately prepared debtors aged analysis on a monthly basis for all the customers;
5. Ensure that filling for all customer information is performed on a monthly basis i.e.
6. Customer Purchase Orders or POs, Debtor aged analysis, Customer statements and Invoices
Management of Suppliers
Assist senior management in the management of suppliers by performing the following duties:
1. Ensure that supplier invoices are accurately and timely posted to pastel
2. Ensure that accruals are done and posted to the ledger on a monthly basis
Bank and Cash
Assist management in the management of bank and cash accounts by performing the following duties:
1. Responsible for the preparation of bank reconciliations on a monthly basis in time for the production of monthly management accounts by 05th of each month
2. Ensures that the bank accounts are adequately funded on a monthly basis and on a timely basis to enable operations run smoothly without delays or disruptions caused by lack of cash availability.
3. Prepare weekly cash flow forecasts together with the Supply Chain Manager.
4. Ensure that all transaction processed on the bank accounts are timely captured and posted on pastel system and that such data capture is accurately done
5. Ensure that the cash books on sage online are updated on timely basis for each transaction on the bank accounts
Sage Online Journal Preparation and Project Tracking
1. Responsible for the preparation the monthly payroll journals, depreciation journals, prepayments and accruals journals and all such journals are signed off and approved prior to posting and updating in the pastel system
2. Ensures that all postings and updating of sage online of transactions are accurate, posted to correct account codes or relevant expenses line and a project has been properly assigned
Responsible for the submission of the monthly VAT returns, WHT returns, quarterly provisional tax returns, National Health Insurance, Personal Levy and NAPSA returns to the relevant tax authorities and other statutory bodies to avoid penalties and charges. All tax returns must be supported by receipts and or acknowledgement from the authorities and properly filled.
Annual Audit and Report
Actively participate in the annual audit preparation by assisting FM with the preparation of audit schedules and annual reports as required by the statutory auditors.
Education & Experience
• Diploma/Licentiate level of the ZICA accountancy qualifications grading.
• Member of ZICA
• Three (3) years or more experience in a similar position
• Experience of administration and office related skills.
• Focussed individual with the capacity to plan and manage a multiple deadline working environment.
• Demonstrable experience in checking and verifying reports.
• Good team worker.
• Good communication skills
• Proactive and able to take initiative
• Fluency in English, written and spoken
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.