Jobs at:Lusaka South Multi
Deadline of this Job:
22 April 2022
Date Posted: Friday, April 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Nature of Job: Temporary Employment
Duration: 6 months
Job Purpose :
• To assist manage financial activities and apply accounting principles to analyse financial information in order to prepare accurate and timely financial reports.
• Accurately preparation and submission of financial reports to facilitate decision making
• Updates cash books on a regular and timely basis and ensure petty cash is properly secured and approving payments vouchers
• Ensure that all payments made are backed by funds in cash book and make follow ups for payments from Customers
• Ensure that reminders are sent to members of staff with pending retriable Imprest and adequate supporting documents are attached.
• Ensure all outstanding retriable Imprest if any are receipted and deposited in the company account within forty-eight hours.
• Ensures that all payments made are backed by funds in cash book, as well as payment follow – ups from customers
• Conducts bank reconciliations every month
• Undertake timely the receipt and recording of revenue to enhance accountability
• Effectively undertake the banking of revenue to safeguard company funds
• Effectively undertake the issuance of payments to meet company obligations
• Provide any management accountancy issues to ensure that managers and staff understand financial and budgetary requirements
• Petty Cash disbursement and accounting thereof, makes payments, reconciles debtor’s ledger and reconciles accounts payables ledger.
Qualifications & Experience:
• CA Diploma / ACCA II / CIMA II or equivalent.
• Fully paid-up Technician or Licentiate Member of the ZICA
• 3 years in work experience in similar role
• Interpersonal skills
• In- depth understanding of accounting and management principles
• Analytical skills
• Knowledge of accounting packages
• Good communication skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.