Jobs at:Precision Recruitment
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, October 13 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 27 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• We are Hiring!
• My client a mission driven social enterprise whose mission is to make conservation of wildlife habitat valuable to people and communities. They develop forest carbon offset projects in areas of global biodiversity significant to conserve Africa’s wildlife strongholds and deliver powerful community impacts.
• The Carbon Accountant is an integral part of a division that is primary responsible achieving VCS and CCB verifications, pre-viability and prefeasibility studies, impact monitoring, biodiversity monitoring, geospatial analysis, and database management to keep the Company at the forefront of REDD+ methodological development and implementation in Zambia and beyond.
Immediate Specific tasks of the Carbon Accountant are to:
1. Assist the Carbon Manager in reviewing and updating the current GIS and Remote Sensing protocols in line with updates to VCS/CCB standards and methodologies.
2. Supervise the Forest Monitoring Coordinator in reviewing and updating Forest Inventory protocols in line with updates to VCS/CCB standards and methodologies.
3. Perform historic deforestation analysis using open-source RADAR and multispectral imagery data in Google Earth Engine.
4. Compile Verification Monitoring Report data and information in a template prepared by the Carbon Manager.
5. Peer-review Monitoring Reports before submission to VVB.
6. Perform desk-based pre-viability studies for the Company or other clients’ potential new project areas.
7. Participate in Verra webinars associated with new monitoring methodologies or updates to the current methodologies.
8. Develop pre-viability and prefeasibility study proposals, work plans, and budgets.
9. Supervise consultants leading a pre-viability or prefeasibility study.
10. Write Draft Project Design Documents for a prefeasibility study report.
11. Any other duties as assigned by the SMC
Capabilities, competencies and experience needed for the job
1. Masters or doctorate
2. Ability to work under often tight deadlines, and accept frequent change in a highly dynamic work environment
3. Frequent interaction with your team, both direct and remotely, as well as with project partners, stakeholders and community members in various international settings is required
4. World-class carbon standards skills with substantial verification knowledge
5. 5 -10 years demonstrated experience in GIS related work
6. Forest inventory and biometric analysis experience is a plus.
7. Biomass / carbon modelling and accounting experience.
8. Model builder experience.
9. Impeccable patience and interpersonal skills, especially with diverse cultures
10. Strong inter‐cultural and inter‐personal communication skills.
11. Comfortable interacting with diverse people from varied cultures and educational backgrounds
12. Intense commitment to their success and mission
13. Exceptional self-organization, thoroughness and attention to detail
14. Strong English writing skills and ability to articulately communicate ideas to diverse audiences
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.