Director – Finance and Administration
Jobs at:Ciheb Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, September 16 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 12 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Ciheb-Zambia is a non-profit local Zambian organisation supporting Ministry of Health to scale up comprehensive HIV prevention and testing services and find the best solutions to life threatening situations among communities in Zambia.
• Under the supervision of Chief Executive Officer, The Director – Finance and Administration (DFA) will play a critical role in strategic decision making as part of the Senior Management Team, ensuring that the Ciheb Zambia Office operates optimally.
• The DFA will be responsible for leading and developing the following areas in the country office: Finance, Budgeting, Planning and Compliance; Human Resources; Administration and IT.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Works with the Chief Executive Officer and management team to proactively minimize financial and legal risk to the organization.
• Oversee all aspects of financial management and ensure optimal financial systems implementation, budgets and expenditure tracking, financial reporting and accounting for all programs.
• Oversees all human resource services/processes including recruitment, compensation, performance review, training & development, ensuring compliance with HR rules and regulations at the donor and organizational level.
• Oversees procurement processes including tendering process, supplier selection, to ensure procurement solutions that meet project needs, are compliant with all applicable regulations and standards of accountability, ethics and integrity.
• Manages the acquisition, maintenance, inventory, recording, verification and protection of project and administrative facilities and assets including IT assets & equipment etc.
• Ensure capacity of country management personnel in relevant compliance requirements.
• Provide professional development opportunities that will enhance the capacity, expertise and skill set of finance and administrative staff members.
• Review A-133 audits, internal audits, and any independent audit reports of sub-grantees in order to identify risks and implement interventions to reduce overall liability to Ciheb Zambia.
• Attend donor meetings/trainings related to grant reporting and compliance and coordinate internal discussions on interpretation of donor regulations.
• Ensure grant expenditures adhere to all cost principle guidelines as contained in 2 CFR 200, 45 CFR 74; Federal Acquisition Regulations: 22 CFR 226 and 22 CFR 228
• Provide direct technical and managerial support in all aspects of financial management for sub-grantees and monitor agreements to ensure compliance with Ciheb Zambia and donor financial regulations and guidelines.
• Provide strategic leadership for and collaboration on “Internal Control and Monitoring” assessments, finance and compliance reviews of sub-grantees.
• Supervise, guide, coach and manage performance of line staff.
• Oversees the proper development, administration and evaluation of information systems that connect staff within and across teams.
• Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations in main and decentralized offices
• Master’s degree or higher in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or relevant field.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or relevant field.
• At least 7-10 years of overall professional experience; ideally 6+ years of broad financial and operations management experience.
• Proven expertise in finance, accounting and auditing, including automated financial systems, as well as results-oriented grants management, including financial planning, monitoring of grant compliance and management and establishment of internal controls.
• In-depth knowledge of U.S. Government financial management rules and regulations.
• The ideal candidate must have experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and has preferably overseen a human resources function previously.
• Demonstrated ability in analyzing financial documents, projections, expenditures, and accruals.
• A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
• A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.