Finance Accounts Review Officer
Deadline of this Job:
17 September 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Finance Accounts Review Officer will help the SUN TA Finance Team ensure that district and regional financial transaction documentations are complete, accurate and that advances, payments and advance retirements are made on a timely basis.
5. Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Receives and reviews (for completeness and accuracy) all incoming advance requests, , expense reports, and invoices from the districts.
• Ensure accurate and timely payment and reconciliation of travel advances, reimbursements for staff and partner travel.
• Ensures the integrity of all documentation including requests, receipts, invoices, signatory sheets, payment summary sheets, expense reports and vouchers.
• Reviews the Petty cash replenishments, reconciliations and other documents coming from the Districts and the Regional offices
• Prepares required documentation for submission to Finance Manager and Director of Finance for review and approval by the authorized person according to the Project Schedule of Authorities (PSoA) before entry into DAI’s Financial Accounting System.
• Ensure the timely deposit of cash receipts
• Follow up approved accounting corrections and reversals in FAS, if necessary.
• Performs routine scanning, filing and uploading of financial vouchers for submission to DAI’s headquarter, if necessary
• Works with the Procurement and Grants Team to review any offline requests for payment or any request for payment in TAMIS as well.
• Performs other financial tasks assigned by the Finance Team which are consistent with his/her qualifications, this Scope of Work and the general requirements of the project.
• Maintains a good knowledge and understanding of all policies and procedures as set forth in the SUN TA Field Operations Policy Manual.
• Escalate any issues to the Finance Manager and/or the Director of Finance immediately
• Other duties as assigned
6. Reporting and Supervision:
Finance Accounts Review Officer will be based in Lusaka and will report to the SUN TA Finance Manager.
• ACCA, ZICA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent is required
• Graduate member of ZICA required
• At least two years previous experience in accounting or financial management.
• Experience working with international NGOs or donors, such as USAID-funded projects (preferred).
• No prior legal convictions for fraud or theft and no prior terminations for cause from a prior employer.
• Experience using Microsoft Excel (required)
• Past experience managing petty cash accounts
• An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability
• Able to maintain good working relationships with team members (in Lusaka and in the Districts)
• Demonstrated honesty, trustworthiness initiative and self-motivation in handling all assigned tasks.
• Fluency in English is required.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job please visit fs23.formsite.com.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.