Jobs at:DAI Global LLC
Deadline of this Job:
21 April 2022
Date Posted: Friday, April 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The five-year (2020-2025) USAID Local Impact Governance Project (Local Impact) is helping Zambia build up a sub-national system of governance for devolved service delivery more responsive to citizen needs. The program is engaging national and sub-national authorities to expand the capabilities of partner provinces and districts to deliver sustainable development outcomes, increase effective citizen and private-sector involvement in development planning and monitoring, and improve public financial management and domestic revenue generation.
The activity is specifically working toward three objectives:
• Objective 1: Citizens improve their collective skills to effectively assess service-delivery needs and performance and constructively engage with government.
• Objective 2: The sub-national governance system becomes more responsive to citizen needs, generates, and accountably expends revenue, and improves service-delivery outcomes.
• Objective 3: The program generates learning and facilitates problem solving that supports the development of an effective, financially viable sub-national governance system for devolved services, capable of being scaled up throughout Zambia.
Local Impact is initially working in eighteen districts in Central and Muchinga Provinces to expand the capacity of district authorities to perform core functions, including strengthening the delivery of essential services, deepening citizen and private sector involvement in development planning and monitoring, improving public administration and public financial management, and increasing locally generated revenues. The Project is recruiting for interns in the following:
Position: Finance Intern
Period of Performance On/About (From-To): May 15, 2022 -October 15, 2022
Maximum Level of Effort: Six months
Base of Operations: Lusaka office, with possible travel to field offices as required
Position reports to: Finance Manager
The Finance Intern will support the Finance Team with the day-to-day operations and record keeping. He/She will be inducted on the DAI guidelines on finance voucher and petty cash backup documentation and the Tilt payment process under the supervision of the Finance Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintains file management systems for soft and hard copy finance. documentation including petty cash and finance voucher.
• File’s payment vouchers and submit fully backed up documentation for finance vouchers.
• Compiles petty cash documentation.
• Ensures that Vouchers are fully signed.
• Assists with the preparation of information for any internal financial reporting requirements as necessary.
• Assists with the preparation of Tilt payment schedules and verification of the Tilt payment requests against the attendance registers and ID copies.
• Performs any other duties as assigned.
Internships are on a voluntary basis, and no monthly salary is provided. Interns will however receive a transport and lunch allowance.
Minimum Education Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
• Degree in Accounting, CIMA, ACCA, ZICA, or equivalent.
• Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
• Aptitude for math, proficiency with computers.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility.
• Ability to communicate clearly in English.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply send your CV and Cover Letter to LIrecruitment@dai.com by 17:00hrs on Thursday April 21, 2022. No telephone inquiries. Please note that applications not meeting the above application guidelines will not be considered. Finalists will be contacted.
DAI Global LL Inc. celebrates and embraces diversity, respects cultures in which we work, and treat everyone, everywhere with professionalism and dignity. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourage qualified candidates to apply irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic background, including persons with various disabilities, to apply and become a part of the organization.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.