Finance Manager – Controls & Technical Accounting
Jobs at:Atlas Mara
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, November 17 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, November 04 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
General Ledger Control
Key Outputs & Responsibilities
Technical Accounting Oversight and Financial Reporting
• Stay up-to-date with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and assess their impact on the bank’s financial reporting.
• Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures that align with regulatory requirements, group policy and industry best practices
• Analyze accounting transactions and provide guidance to ensure proper accounting treatment
• Review financial reports and disclosures to ensure compliance with accounting standards and regulatory requirements.
Monthly General Ledger Monitoring and Management
• Review the Trial balance to ensure all GL accounts are assigned and circulated
• Identify risky accounts and review selected month-end control reconciliations for correctness, identify risks and ensure clearance of long outstanding items
• Ensure all GL accounts are allocated to owners and reconcilers so that they are reconciled on a monthly basis.
Governance, Risk and Compliance Management
• Adhere to control processes so that management has confidence in the integrity of financial information
• Track and monitor all open audit items (Internal audit, external audit, regulatory and RCSA findings) with respective owners to ensure they are resolved within indicated timelines and that findings are minimal and no risk items are overdue
• Participate in new products implementation to ensure compliance with accounting and reconciliation policies
• Review UAT entries to ensure correctness before entries are introduced in the live environment
Balance Sheet Review Committee
• Preparation, compilation and timely sharing of the Balance Sheet Review Committee (BSRC) meeting reports to allow for implementa- tion of findings.
• Oversee the reconciliation and attestation process to ensure risks identified are communicated to BSRC for adequate provisioning.
Manage RCSA Process for the Department
• Manage closure of audit findings within indicated timelines and no risk items are overdue to avoid repeat findings
• Collaborate with Risk to ensure adequate provisions are held for potential losses identified
Internal and External Stakeholder Engagement
• Build and maintain sound stakeholder relationships, displaying abilities to communicate at all levels
• Liaise with key stakeholders to track progress on tasks, manage expectations and ensure deadlines are met Work with external audit to explain, follow-up and/or resolve queries and audit exceptions
Qualifications & Technical Experience
• Grade 12 School Certificate with 5 credits, English and Mathematics inclusive
• Professional Chartered Accountant – Full ACCA or CIMA or similar field.
• Post graduate degree, professional qualification or equivalent would be an added advantage
• Highly Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Power point Applications
• Knowledge of Oracle Fusion Applications
• 5+ years’ experience in similar role
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested Applicants who meet the job requirements should email their CV’s to e-mail address email@example.com Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Clearly state the position you are applying for in the subject field.
• Closing date: Thursdays, 9th November, 2023
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.