Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, March 26 2023
Date Posted:Sunday, March 26 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Contract: 2 Year, renewable
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
NetOne is a leading technology services Group based in Lusaka, Zambia. Since its inception is 2007 the group has grown to be an end-to-end technology service provider offering a range of solutions including client computing and enterprise business solutions with long standing relationships with leading OEM manufacturers across the ICT sector. NetOne also owns and operates Zambia’s first Tier III carrier neutral data offering colocation services, infrastructure as a service and software as service. NetOne has recently also launched the Swish Pay platform which offers merchant payment services in Zambia.
If you are an individual that is innovative, fearless, believes in career progression, and wants to be on the winning team, we are the team for you!
The position of Finance Manager is a Management position reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible to the Board of Directors for all matters surrounding the Finance ecosystem of the business to ensure the business goals and objectives are met. The individual will be required to ensure adequate controls are in place and oversee the smooth operations of the Finance function including leading engagements with various business stakeholders. The position is a group position and will be responsible to oversee the finance operations of the three legal entities in the NetOne Group. The position mandate will include:
• Oversee the Finance function of the NetOne Information Technology including the leading the various accounting and finance team members;
• Reviewing and managing the effectiveness of internal controls and ensure strict adherence to the compliance requirements of the business;
• Oversee the Group financial reporting including various statutory obligations, regulatory reporting and IFRS reporting;
• Development of the business strategic plans including forecasts and budgets through engagement of the various stakeholders of the business;
• Ensure that the books of accounts are up to date, accurate and are available on demand for decision making purposes;
• Plan and manage cashflow in line with the business requirements from time to time;
• Ensure compliance of the business’ regulatory universe and liaise with the various regulators in a pro-active manner;
• Work closely with the various Heads of divisions to provide support to planning initiatives, financial and management information, appropriate and meaningful reports and recommendations;
• Ensure the accounting support function of the business is performing to SLA and delivering on the various agreed deliverables;
• Ensure the accuracy of data, accounting information and reporting by adhering to the requirements of the International Financial Reporting Standards, Companies Act and other financial frameworks;
• Monitor and guide the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, revenue, expenditure, and other operational transactions to ensure accuracy and timely data processing;
• Lead engagements with the various financial services providers working with the business units and legal entities to maintain a good working relationship;
• Preparation of Financial Reports for management and Board reporting;
• Ensure adequate control to the expenditure and revenue assurance processes;
• Ensure Cost Optimization across the legal entities and business units to ensure maximum value is derived from expenditure;
• Liaise with executive management on the preparation, tracking, board approval process and management of quarterly and annual budgets that aligns to the strategic objectives; and
• Company Secretarial functions and duties including preparation of Board reports and quarterly Board packs.
Criteria & Experience
• Degree in Account / Finance, ACCA, CIMA or CPA qualification.
• Registered member of ZICA.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience with at least 2 years in a management role.
• Must be able to handle high transaction volumes and strong with multi-tasking.
• Well versed with the ERP and Payroll Systems such as Sage and proficient in MS excel.
• Experience in Technology and Financial Services industries would be an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Send us your CV with details your qualifications, skill set and experience. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for any additional information and or an interview. You can email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.