Finance and Administration Assistant
Jobs at:Build It International
Deadline of this Job:
22 April 2022
Date Posted: Friday, April 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance and Administration Assistant – Temporary Maternity Cover
Build It International (BII) is an NGO creating opportunities for young people and their communities through skills training, work experience and essential community building projects. We have pioneered a sustainable, livelihoods-based approach to community infrastructure provision in Zambia.
Our core activity is to train young men and women in construction skills so that they can go on to earn a living. We deliver this through our programme of community building construction projects and through building skills training at our Centre for Excellence currently under development.
We are looking for an energetic and motivated individual with basic knowledge of finance concepts and accounting principles to join and provide temporary maternity cover in the Finance department for a period of 4 months, from May 2022 to August 2022.
• Processing relevant paperwork related to all administration expenses and ensure that all paperwork is correctly filed for easy retrieval.
• Weekly follow up on submissions of all funds retirement forms with supporting documentation from staff.
• Checking correctness of codes and amounts on Funds Retirement Forms. Filing of all fund retirement forms with supporting documentation from staff.
• Monitor the submission of all relevant documents, and actively follow up when necessary to ensure that all are received by the submission deadline.
• Weekly update and posting of all cashbooks and journals in Excel in Line with issued monthly reporting timetable and submit for weekly review to Finance Manager.
• Prepare Monthly bank reconciliations by the 5th working day of the following month
• Prepare Monthly bank reconciliations by the 5th of the Following Month, ensuring no outstanding items greater than 30 days.
• Prepare and upload of all weekly excel journals into the computerized accounting package and ensure that all cashbooks are timely reconciled.
• Prepare monthly journals for Trainee Allowance payments and reconcile with Training Coordinator.
• Review all payment vouchers and supporting documentation to ensure validity, accuracy and completeness of documentation.
• Assist with end of project reporting and expenditure verification exercises.
• Other finance or procurement related tasks as requested by Management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Minimum qualification of ZICA Technician, CIMA Operational or ACCA Level 1.
• Experience in a similar role (minimum 2 years).
• Use of Financial Force or similar computerized accounting system is an advantage.
• Committed to the maintenance and development of established processes and systems.
• Competent in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Ability to grasp concepts and procedures quickly, working with a high degree of accuracy.
• Excellent attention to detail and able to follow instructions through to completion.
• Good command of written and spoken English.
• Willing and able to collaborate as a team member.
• Work on own initiative and to tightly defined deadlines when required.
• Strong team, planning and communications skills.
• Highest levels of integrity, confidentiality and honesty.
• Hard working and conscientious attitude.
• Three good references.
• Understanding and affinity with our mission and values.
• Ability to uphold BII standards on ethics and transparency.
The Selected Candidate Should Be Ready To Start Immediately
Job Type: Temporary for 4 months.
Work Station: Centre for Excellence, 10 Miles – Chibombo District.
Application Deadline: Saturday 16th April 2022 by 1200 CAT
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please complete this brief questionnaire in MS Forms HERE and send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com with “Finance and Admin Assistant” as the email subject.
You MUST complete the form AND send in your CV and accompanying cover letter in order to be considered for the position. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Please Note That Due To The High Number Of Applications Anticipated, Only Shortlisted Candidates Will Be Contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.