Head of Financial Reporting
Jobs at:Thebe Investment Management
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, October 09 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 27 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The Head of Financial Reporting will report directly to the CEO and collaborate closely with the Co-Chief Operating Officers (Co-COOs). This role is responsible for overseeing various financial aspects of the company, with a focus on budgeting, budget management, and comprehensive reporting. The successful candidate will also be responsible for statutory payments and reporting, including tax, pensions, NAPSA, and other relevant obligations. The Head of Financial Reporting will also be responsible for annual audits.
• Although this role does not entail treasury management, the individual will act as financial controller–and as such will be responsible for managing payables and payments; and will be a required signatory on all payments as controlling officer.
– Develop and maintain comprehensive annual budgets aligned with the company’s strategic goals and financial objectives.
– Collaborate with department heads to gather budget input, analyze historical data, and make accurate revenue and expense projections.
– Continuously monitor budget performance and provide insights to ensure financial targets are met.
2. Budget Management:
– Implement effective budget controls, track expenditures, and manage variances.
– Identify cost-saving opportunities and operational efficiencies to optimize budget utilization.
– Prepare budget variance analysis reports and present findings to executive leadership.
– Generate and oversee the preparation of financial reports on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
– Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting to support decision-making processes.
– Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather necessary data for reporting purposes.
-Manage annual audits
4. Statutory Payments and Reporting:
– Manage and oversee all statutory payments, including tax, pensions, NAPSA, and other compliance-related obligations.
– Ensure accurate and timely filing of statutory reports to regulatory bodies.
– Stay updated on changes in tax and statutory requirements and implement necessary adjustments.
5. Payables and Payments:
– Serve as a required signatory on all payables and payments, ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures.
– Collaborate with the finance team to streamline payment processes and maintain proper financial controls.
– Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or a professional qualification.
– Proven experience in financial management and reporting, with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership role.
– Strong understanding of budgeting, financial analysis, and reporting best practices.
– In-depth knowledge of tax and statutory compliance regulations.
– Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy in financial reporting.
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for collaboration with cross-functional teams.
– Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
– Proficiency in financial software and Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced Excel skills.
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.