Vacancy title: Internal Audit Manager[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Professional Services , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at: Talent House Limited
Deadline of this Job:
07 August 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our clients are looking for a qualified and experienced internal audit manager to join their team.
The day-to-day operation of the Internal Audit function is the responsibility of the Internal Audit Manager.
The Internal Audit Manager has the responsibility to:
• Develop a flexible Internal Audit plan using an appropriate risk-based methodology, including any risks or control concerns identified by management, and submit that plan and periodic updates thereto to the Board Audit Committee for its review and approval.
• Ensure effective implementation of the Internal Audit plan and Operations review recommendation.
• Set frequencies, select subjects, determine scopes of work and apply the techniques required to accomplish audit objectives.
• Assist with special tasks or projects that may be requested by management or the Board Audit Committee.
• Coordinate Internal Audit work with that of the company’s independent External or co-sourced Auditors to achieve maximum effectiveness at minimum cost.
• Report to management on the results of Audit work, detailing all findings and observations for management’s consideration.
• Ensuring effective implementation of internal audit recommendations by appraising adequacy of action taken by Unit Management to correct deficiencies.
• Provide timely reports to the Board Audit Committee, including updates of work performed, audit results, and recommendations for improvements in internal control and operating efficiencies.
• Keep the Board Audit Committee informed of emerging trends and successful practices in Internal Auditing.
• Reviewing the systems established by Management to ensure compliance with those policies, plans, procedures, laws and regulations, which could have a significant impact on operations and reports; and determining whether the organisation is in compliance.
• Reviewing internal controls for the prevention of fraud, waste and avoidable losses.
• Supervising and checking scrap sales and sale of obsolete assets.
• Conducting special reviews and investigations.
• Coordinate and supervise all internal audit functions within the Company.
• Supervise and review the performance of internal audit staff in accordance with job specifications.
• Supervise and review the conduct of operations audits at the factory covering areas such as production planning, purchase procedures, materials planning, inventory control, distribution system, expense control, and credit control.
• Assign, supervise and review the conduct of internal audits by co-sourced auditors’ at all reasonable times in all sales outlets. Verification and validation of Finance Risk Matrix for Securities Exchange Control
• SER – Social & Environmental Responsibility Audit – Ensure effective implementation of recommendations
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• 5-8 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
• Experience working in an audit firm and/or the retail industry is an added advantage
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.