Vacancy title: Rapid Testing Continuous Quality Improvement (RTCQI) Advisor[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Public Administration, and Government , Category: Healthcare ]
Jobs at:Ministry of Health (MOH)
Deadline of this Job:
18 January 2023
Date Posted: Friday, January 06, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reports to: Laboratory Advisor
Location: Ministry of Health Headquarters
The HIV Rapid Testing Continuous Quality Improvement (RTCQI) Advisor will provide management, leadership, and technical support to activity design, implementation, monitoring and reporting related to this program activity. The RTCQI Advisor is responsible for overall implementation of RTCO activities including overseeing activities in provinces, coordination with other agencies, development of materials, provisions of service and training, collect, tabulate and interpret required data, program evaluation and staff performance evaluation. The role will directly help strengthen the national RTCQI program and activities. The RTCQI Advisor's level of effort will be 100% on RT CQI activities. He/she will be reporting directly to the Laboratory Advisor at the Ministry of Health Headquarters.
• Provide technical expertise and leadership in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of HIV Rapid Testing system strengthening and continuous quality assurance and control activities within the health systems strengthening portfolio.
• He/she will provide guidance in these areas to the MOH, and non- governmental partners and assists Implementing Partners in the development of achievable, measurable plans and objectives in support of quality HIV testing activities.
• Provide expert advice based on knowledge of evidence-based methods and strategies, current practice, and established laboratory and operational standards.
• Support a full range of consultative, advisory, strategic planning and evaluation activities for the country by staying current on active and new HIV testing system strengthening issues emerging from the global communities of health and laboratory practice, and provide recommendations on options in shaping quality HIV testing strengthening and capacity building approaches.
• Provide technical input into strategies and tools for the design and implementation of quality HIV testing capacity building components
• Assess current technical, scientific, managerial and operational efficiencies of all supported activities.
• Provide high-level guidance oversight and direction for developing and maintaining key quality HIV testing systems and services including use of data to identify priority areas and sites serve as the MOH strategic lead for HIV RTCOI system strengthening activities within the Pathology and Laboratory Services unit.
• He/she will make regular technical supervision and monitoring visits, ascertain progress, identify delays and problems, if any, and recommend solutions.
• Identify areas for improved efficiency or effectiveness within prescribed parameters, and recommend enhancements to procedures and processes.
• Provide technical assessment and recommend strategies to existing and planned interventions, including the integration of innovative approaches (where appropriate) into HIV testing services and laboratory strengthening activities in general
• Serve as an Activity Manager with program technical leadership and administrative oversight for RTCQ! Strengthening-related activities.
• Provide strategic guidance in ensuring activities are aligned with GRZ policies and objectives, complies with relevant laws and regulations and ensures that contractual obligations are mel
• Provide technical guidance, supervision and support to other programs and Health team staff to ensure a seamless ink between service delivery interventions and country capacity in HIV testing systems and development and strengthening plans across the clinical and laboratory systems. The Advisor will monitor progress in meeting RTCOI strengthening needs, evaluates plans for feasibility, effectiveness, efficiency and economy.
• Lead the development and management of RTCOI strengthening acquisition and assistance mechanisms, including coordination, management and reporting of actions and functions required to support strengthening activities
• Provides expert technical input and influences design and scope for work plans, budgets, monitoring and evaluation plans of activities.
• Review, analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of managed activities and make recommendations for enhancements.
• Supports MOH regular and ad-hoc reporting needs on RTCQI strengthening activities including preparing complex portions of key planning documents such as the annual and Semi-Annual Performance Reports. annual work plans, and annual semiannual program reviews.
• Ensure that RTCQI strengthening activities are integrated into overall health systems strengthening activities and coordinate these activities with the interagency RTCQI Technical working group, RTCQI coordinating committee, Laboratory Technical Working Group, CDC and other donors to avoid duplication of efforts and programming gaps.
• The RTCQI Advisor will be MOH Liaison in substantive meetings with high level public and private sector officials involved with HIV Rapid Testing Continuous Quality Improvement supported programs keeping them informed of program status, GRZ action needs, difficulties encountered and other project related issues, including the review of existing strategies and the formation of new RTCQ/ laboratory-related policies.
• Full Grade 12 School Certificate with five O level credits including English and Mathematics
• Bachelor of Science Degree Biomedical Sciences, Virology, Molecular Biology in any health-related field Master's Degree in Biomedical Sciences, Virology. Molecular Biology, MPH, Epidemiology or related Experience and skills
• Minimum five (5) years experience in Laboratory, programmatic implementation, management, and monitoring of Laboratory System Strengthening programs/activities at the district, provincial, and national level, three (3) of which will be at management level
• Proven track record of having worked in laboratories where quality improvement activities have been implemented
• Knowledge of HIV site and tester certification including the management and implementation of this program. Development of quality improvement activities using relevant tools such as PDCA or PIA
• Ability to guide laboratory teams on the development of quality manuals as a fundamental tool to guide laboratory improvement.
• Demonstrate the value of critical thinking and further demonstrate self-assessment as a critical approach to objectively addressing gaps.
• Communication Skills:
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, results driven, knowledge of MS Office and databases
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All interested persons meeting the above qualifications and experience should send their written applications to the undersigned with certified copies of their National Registration Card, academic and professional qualifications and a detailed Curriculum Vitae with three references including their contact numbers.
Applicants are advised to clearly indicate the positions they are applying for on the envelope or subject area in the case of electronic applications email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday, 18 January, 2023. Only short- listed candidates will be contacted.
The Permanent Secretary-(Technical Services) Ministry of Health
P.O. Box 30205
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.