Vacancy title: SHEQ Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Manufacturing , Category: Admin & Office ]
Jobs at:Curechem Zambia (Pvt) Limited
Deadline of this Job:
28 September 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Background Curechem Zambia (Pvt) Limited, a leading chemical raw material distribution company in Zambia with branches in South Africa, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Mozambique, and India is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidate to fill the following opportunity that has arisen in Lusaka, Zambia.
SHEQ Officer reports to Group SHEQ Manager and coordinates and monitors the implementation of the Company’s SHEQ policy. The position ensures that the Company and its stakeholders (contractors, distributors, suppliers etc) comply with the requirements of legislation by monitoring SHEQ compliance and ensure SHEQ, statutory and regulatory compliance by conducting audits and inspections.
Scope (The way that the position impacts on the organization) The SHEQ Officer coordinates and participates in the investigation of nonconformities, incidents, accidents and near misses, audits, and conducts risk assessments. The SHEQ Officer monitors the implementation of Company SOPs and maintains and updates all relevant SHEQ department administrative duties.
Task and Responsibilities
1. Provide SHEQ improvement proposals, proposed corrective action, required resources for corrective action and plan of implementation on NCs issued
2. Follow up to ensure that corrective actions are implemented where necessary and ensure that requirements are complied with.
3. Identifying and investigating the root cause of NCs, Customer feedback and product performance and report the result to the Group SHEQ Manager
4. Coordinate and participate in the investigation of incidents, accidents and near misses.
5. Prepare weekly and monthly SHEQ reports, statistics and presentations related to SHEQ performance Report to the Group SHE Manager weekly on corrective action taken by employees, distributors, suppliers and close out of NC reports.
6. Ensure regular emergency response exercises and drills are conducted to ensure the highest level of preparedness in any emergency. Maintain records of such drills, providing recommendations for emergency response improvements
7. Ensure the regular inspection of firefighting, safety, and emergency response equipment.
8. Assist in development and implementing of emergency response procedures and evacuation plans at offices. Ensure that these plans are reviewed and updated regularly.
9. Ensure that the emergency plans are communicated to staff and visitors and update registers on training and induction.
10. Review and amend standards, specifications, policies, and procedures for approval.
11. Ensure that employees, contractors, and visitors receive SHEQ induction.
12. Monitor distributor performance and sites by conducting continuous site visits and audits and compiling relevant reports. Escalate matters of continuous non-conformance.
13. Monitoring the implementation of SOPs, Instructions, and protocols to determine continuous improvement.
14. Planning and coordinating SHEQ related training for staff in conjunction with SHEQ department strategies.
15. Maintaining and updating all relevant SHEQ department registers (NC register, NC Product register, PPE registers, Awareness training registers, all office inspection related registers)
16. Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time-to-time by management
17. Maintain Health and safety documentation for authorities e.g. ZEMA, Health Department etc
• Minimum of Diploma in occupational health and safety.
• Three years of work experience as a Safety Officer
• Excellent knowledge of legislations and procedures
• Excellent knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
• Experience in producing reports
• Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting systems
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Conversant with Pbworks and EHS systems
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.