Jobs at:Export Trading Group
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, November 30 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 01 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Sr Accountant is responsible for accounting, reconciliation and management reporting of the Company’s operations in close collaboration with Finance Manager.
Manage day to day corporate accounting and budgeting processes, tax, risk management, ensuring compliance of Company’s accounting policies & procedures across the organisation.
· B.Com, M.Com
• Experienced Senior Accountant with 3+ years of overall experience (African experience is preferable).
• Exposed to best practices and global standard operating procedures and local approaches in order to attain targets / outcomes while maintaining requisite internal controls, compliance and performance agendas.
• Meaningful exposure to Microsoft Dynamics AX, and others office tools as well as their business implications
• Ample experience leading and working across functions as a business partner while keeping the finance rigour and accountability
• Experience in coordinating with external & internal auditors of company, ensuring the proactive and progressive attainment of business objectives and providing support to get the corrective actions on the observations.
Skills & Knowledge:
• Good communicator at – incl. but no limited to good oral and written English with strong multicultural awareness
• Excellent leadership skills
· Good knowledge of Taxation compliance
· Understanding of trading accounting and costing
· High degree of analytical approach on Financials & Budgeting (Actuals vs. Budgets)
· Managing day to day banking operations, funds planning, banking reports & relationship management etc.
· New initiatives
Job Scope / Impact:
• Meeting Critical Business Challenges
• Inventory Control
• Payable/Receivables Control
• Integrating Financial and Operational Data
• Eliminate Errors and Data Duplication
• Nil audit adverse observations
• Banking & Treasury
• Accounting policies’ compliance – ensuring accounting policies are in place & effectively adhered to, developing new policies to meet business/ regulatory requirements
• Inventory accounting: sales, purchase and stock transfer entry with reconciliation
• Ensure the physical stock take and report the variance to FM
• Assist various report support to Finance Manager
• Bank Transaction entries
• Ensure daily stock recon with warehouse team
• Test check items like revenues, receivables, inventories, advances and miscellaneous income, to make sure they lie within accounting policy definitions.
• Working with Corporate & product teams to ensure accuracy & timely preparation of monthly relevant reconciliations & schedules to meet Corporate accounting requirements.
• Coordination between Accounts, Warehouse & operation team
• Monthly review of PL and Balance sheet schedules to ensure cleanliness of financial accounts.
• Maintain the general ledger, prepare tax returns, assist with audit preparations, and perform other accounting duties as assigned
• Filling Various Statutory Returns
• Internal Controls:
• Protects and preserve the company’s assets to comply with financial reporting and control requirements.
• Standardize. Establish company-wide standards for systems, data and processes
• Own the data. Collaborate with the product teams & business heads and take responsibility for the collection and governance of financial and management reporting information.
• Assure relevance and completeness of financial policies and procedures for the functional areas of the business;
• Initiate periodic updates of financial policies and procedures;
• Request audits that provide assurance of compliance with financial policies and procedures.
• Meet Standard operating processes in the following areas:
• Weekly reviews and reports
• Month close, consolidation of monthly MIS & reporting to HO
• Assure monthly financial statements are generated with quality within the specified deadlines along with been properly analysed and in line with profitability and liquidity targets, and recommend corrective actions if needed to bring performance on course;
• Assure timely and complete year-end closing in preparation for annual audit.
• Meet set deadlines for various MIS reports
• Analyse the financial information – PL, Balance sheet to match it with expected profitability.
• Bring out key variances that have occurred between months and discuss with Business teams
• Bring out important aspects of financial or business performance, at BRM with Senior Management.
• Ensure Daily, Weekly & Monthly Various report preparation.
Operations and Risk review
• Follow up on actual expenditure and performance – as agreed with management.
• Ensure physical count of inventory and reporting of variance
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.