Transport & Logistics Assistant
Jobs at:John Snow Health Zambia Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, December 04 2023
Date Posted: Monday, November 20 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
1. Roles Purpose:
JSH seeks reliable and highly experienced candidates for the position of Transport & Logistics Assistant/Driver to be based in Lusaka, Kasama, Kapiri Mposhi, Kabwe, Nakonde. S/he will work closely with the Finance and Administration team and will be responsible for driving, maintaining project vehicles and providing financial, programmatic and administrative clerical support as needed. The TLA will report to the Senior Transport Logistics Assistant.
2. Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Drive and maintain project vehicles – (i.e. take the vehicles in for maintenance and repair when needed), and ensure the safety of the vehicle and passengers. Carry out different inspections of the vehicle before driving such as checking coolant, oils and other fluids.
• Responsible for handling monies and documenting expenditures to support technical activities in the field including, processing of mobile money documentation, payment of participants, lodging and other arrangements.
• Maintain vehicle cleanliness and ensure that servicing schedules and reporting of any maintenance needs are done on a timely basis.
• Ensure that vehicle mileage is indicated on the front of every fuel receipt and receipts should be submitted appropriately.
• Maintain vehicle log books daily by noting date, destination, departure and arrival times and submit reports as requested by the Senior Transport Logistics Assistant.
• Drive CHEKUP II staff members and consultants to sites as needed and deliver documents to various locations as directed by project staff.
• Provide administrative assistance support to the technical and administration teams vis-à-vis photocopying, scanning, faxing, front office duties and other tasks as directed by the Senior Transport Logistics Assistant
• Perform other administrative tasks on behalf of the project including but not limited to: purchasing, collecting goods, documents or mails, making administrative arrangements and handling payments (if needed);
• Act as a representative of the project, at all times being responsive and providing courteous support to visitors, clients and partners.
• Provide off-hours transport support, including weekend pickup and drop-off of CHEKUP II project and consultant staff as needed.
• Support CHEKUP II implementation team as needed on site.
• Implement and adhere to JSH’s transport policies.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Transport Logistics Assistant and other senior staff.
3. Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Behaviors:
• Minimum grade 12 Certificate; related additional qualifications a plus;
• Valid SADC license with at least 5 years of experience driving and maintaining vehicles and logbooks.
• Experience with donor-funded projects is preferred;
• Experience with basic financial clerical duties.
• Knowledge of and ability to operate basic office equipment such as computers, scanners, copiers, and fax machines;
• English speaking and writing skills.
• Ability to take initiative, good interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams.
• Experience working with an NGO preferred.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
• To apply for the above position, please complete the application form available on the following link. Applicants must submit a cover letter and CV with three traceable references, full addresses and contact information via the application form by November 23, 2023, 12:00hrs. Applicants should be a resident in the district where position is vacant. No telephone inquiries. Please note that applications not meeting the above application guidelines will not be considered. Finalists will be contacted within 3 weeks of the closing date.
1. Transport and Logistics Assistants – link
• John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decision.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.