Zambia Manager Internal Audit & Risk
Jobs at:ENGIE Energy Access
Deadline of this Job:
25 March 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, March 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
The Manager – Internal Audit and Risk will play a key role in ensuring that the company’s systems of controls, risk management and governance are effective and that that is company wide adherence to the set policies and procedures. The Manager – Internal Audit and Risk will report directly to the Head of Finance and work closely with all other EEA Zambia departments.
• Evaluates the entities system of risk management, governance, and control to ensure that it is functioning as planned and that it is updated as necessary to meet changes in operating conditions
• Adopt a risk-based approach in the development of the audit programmes and the annual work plan
• Determine key risks and mitigating controls on key business activities and draft audit programs which address those risks
• Coordinate, review and update companywide operating procedures
• Review all risks, risk ratings and mitigating controls put in place by Management
• Draft scoping of work plan/ audit assignments that capture key developments, risks and logistics
• Supervise coordinate and set-up timetables for Internal Audit assignments
• Complete audit testing and obtain adequate evidence (clear documentation)
• Verify audit evidence and record audit observations, make audit recommendations that are feasible, practical and cost efficient for approval
• Ensure that the results of internal audit assignments as per plan are communicated accurately and timely to Management
• Make follow ups on all issues identified and communicate to Management
• Prepare and present reports with clear/ concise observations and recommendations
• Undertake service center spot checks and investigative work as directed by Management
• Responds and effectively manages fraud, bribery and misconduct related investigations in line with the company Policies and ensures remedial actions are taken regarding recoveries, control remediation and employee sanctioning.
• Implements companywide fraud prevention strategies including formalizing a proactive fraud prevention plan.
• Involvement in the implementation of new processes and systems to provide an independent view of the quality of the project management and to embed an effective control framework from the start.
Culture of integrity at EEA Zambia:
• Ensure adherence to all EEA Zambia policies and procedures, maintain financial security by following and enforcing all internal controls, protect operations by keeping financial information confidential, and communicate any process gaps or potential improvements to management.
• Create and contribute to a culture of honesty and integrity within the Finance and Administration Department and wider EEA Zambia by leading by example of professionalism, honesty and integrity.
• Highlight risks including but not limited to team members acting outside our finance department, procurement, and ethics policies to ensure proper safeguarding of assets and mitigate against any potential unethical or fraudulent activity.
Required Skills & Experience
• Grade 12 Full Certificate
• Bachelor’s degree and/or professional qualification i.e. ACCA, CIMA, or ZICA
• Professional Membership of ZICA and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)/ Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) an added advantage
• At least 5 years work experience in a Audit, Risk & compliance role
• Leadership skills
• Excellent problem solving and presentation skills.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively with other key stakeholders
• Minimum educational qualifications required for the position
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Computer and Excel skills
• Knowledge of a Finance Tool(s)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.