2 Finance Officer – Cover
Jobs at:Mary's Meals Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
07 October 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance Officer – Cover (2 positions)
Mary’s Meals is a fast-growing international charity, currently providing a daily meal to two million plus hungry and impoverished children across four continents in their place of education. Mary’s Meals Zambia delivers school feeding to children in the Eastern Province of Zambia.
Mary’s Meals Zambia is currently recruiting for the role of Finance Officer – Cover (2)
Purpose of The Role
The purpose of the position is to support the finance function of Mary’s Meals Zambia. This will include systematic recording and filing of various records relating to the functions of finance.
Reports to: Finance Manager
Station: Chipata, Zambia
Contract Period: 6 months
Finance and Accounting
• Reviewing payment requests by checking the accuracy, validity and completeness ensuring they have authorization by relevant officers.
• Remittance of employee statutory deductions to the respective authorities before deadlines.
• Preparing payments, receipts and being the organization’s bank agent.
• Ensuring that cashbooks are updated daily into the accounting system.
• Act as the organization’s petty cash custodian who ensures that all petty cash payments are made following laid down procedures.
• Preparing the project advances register and ensures it reconciles to the general ledger.
• Reconciliation of the fixed register to the general ledger.
• Carries out periodic asset verification.
• Reconciliation of all trial balance accounts.
• Preparation of Bank Reconciliations.
• Supporting the Finance Manager in preparing for audits and year end procedures.
• Any other ad hoc duties as required.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
• ACCA II, CIMA II, CA II or Equivalent.
• At least 2 years practical experience in accounting.
• Membership of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
• Ability to work independently while managing workload with minimum supervision.
• Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of professionals.
• Attention to detail and good organizational skills.
• Good communication skills in English and local languages.
• Excellent numeracy skills.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills.
• Good computer literacy especially the use of MS Office
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet our minimum requirements may send their application letter and Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com. Kindly indicate the subject line as Finance Officer.
Deadline: Friday 7th of Oct 2022
• Candidates who meet the minimum criteria are encouraged to apply.
• You do not need to send academic qualification at this stage
• MMZ is an equal opportunity employer and both female and male candidates are encouraged to apply
• MMZ does not charge any fees for receiving applications.
• As part of adherence to Mary’s Meals Safeguarding Policy, you will be required to provide a clean police record.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.