2 Revenue Officers
Jobs at:Road Transport and Safety Agency (RTSA)
Deadline of this Job:
04 February 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Government of the Republic of Zambia adopted a robust transport policy in the year 2002. As a consequence, the Road Transport and Safety Agency (RTSA) was established through an Act of Parliament; the Road Traffic Act No. 11 of 2002. RTSA has the mandate to implement Government policy on road safety and transport management.
The following vacancies now exist for suitably qualified and experienced persons:
Revenue Officer – RTSA6 (2 Positions)
Purpose of the Job
The job holder will account for all revenue collected by Road Transport and Safety Agency, Carry out timely banking according to the requirement of the Financial Regulation, prepare Revenue Cash Books, prepare Revenue Accounts and perform other related assignments.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure that all revenue collected is properly receipted, accounted for and banked intact for credit of the Central Bank.
• Ensures that all revenue collected is banked within 48 working hours.
• Accounts for all treasury transactions in accordance with acceptable accounting standards.
• Facilitates a system of controlling the sourcing, storage, distribution and monitoring usage of all Accountable Documents in RTSA.
• Ensure that there is an efficient system of monitoring the transfer and reconciliation of revenue collecting points onto the Commercial Banks and ultimately to the Bank of Zambia.
• Implements Proactive measures to counter and detect potential frauds.
• Ensures timely reporting in order to meet deadlines.
• Ensures proper record keeping for easy retrieval of data.
• Prepares regular reconciliation of revenues in order to be up to date with figures.
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Revenue Accountant.
• Grade twelve certificate
• University Degree in Accountancy or Part II of a professional qualification such as ZICA, ACCA, and CIMA
• Understanding of accounting, monitoring of revenue collection and banking systems
• Member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should submit their application letters, detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic & professional Qualifications to the following address;
The Head Human Resource & Administration
Road Transport & Safety Agency
Scanned copies shall be accepted provided all required documents are attached and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receiving applications is 4th February, 2022
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.