Account Payable Officer
Jobs at:Silondwa Engineering Limited
Deadline of this Job:
28 April 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Silondwa Engineering Limited invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced members of the public for the following vacant position:
Account Payable Officer (X1)
To ensure the timely and efficient processing of supplier invoices and staff advance as well as reconcile supplier accounts in order to maintain accuracy of Dangote records.
• Review supplier invoices and supporting documents against invoice processing checklist in order to establish completeness and validity of details.
• Match supplier invoices to purchase orders prior to processing to ensure consistency and identify errors/discrepancies/irregularities.
• Proactively notify AP Supervisor of any irregularity in invoices/bills from third party.
• Assist in ensuring that all suppliers’ statements of accounts are reconciled to the sub-ledgers before forwarding supplier invoices and supporting documents for payment processing.
• Respond to supplier enquires regarding payment processing.
• Ensure suppliers’ sub-ledger accounts are prepared and reconciled to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
• Provide inputs into the review of existing invoice processing policies and procedures.
• Maintain ageing report of debt and outstanding payments to suppliers.
• Maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of all invoices received from suppliers/vendors.
• Maintain a comprehensive record of all approved invoices, bills and payment supports.
• Receive staff advance requests, carry out initial review and forward Head, Plant Finance for further verification and approval.
• Receive staff advance retirements and maintain complete documentation of all transactions.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Plant Finance.
Education and Work Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Accounting or other related discipline.
• 2 to 3 years- experience in Accounts payable is required with minimum of 4 years’ overall work experience.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applications accompanied with CVs, copies of certificates and verifiable references should be addressed not later than 28th April 2022 to:
The Human Resource Manager
Silondwa Engineering Limited
P.O. Box 72463
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com
NB. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.