Jobs at:RTI International
Deadline of this Job:
24 February 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Research Triangle Institute (RTI) is an independent non-profit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition with over 30 years’ experience assisting governments, communities, and the private sector in managing their environment and natural resources. We are looking for candidates to fill the position of Accountant in the newly awarded USAID-Zambia Expanding Water and Sanitation Project. The purpose of the USAID Expanding Water and Sanitation Project is to professionalize WASH services and to promote accountability for reliable and high-quality WASH services.
The Accountant is responsible for ensuring appropriate systems and procedures (payroll, cash management, vendor payments, budgeting, and other related expenditures) are followed to properly disburse, account, budget and report project funds which are cost effective, timely, have proper internal controls and comply with the terms of the agreement. The Accountant will perform the cash management functions required in maintaining RTI bank accounts. The Accountant will directly report to the Finance and Operations Director.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field and 3 years of experience, or master’s degree and 1 year of experience.
• Previous experience with USAID-funded programs, and fluency with USAID policies and procedures related to financial management, financial reporting, and grant making.
• Results-oriented and focused, with the ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position.
• Budgeting, financial analysis, and MS Excel skills required.
• Proficiency with accounting software (QuickBooks preferred), Word, PowerPoint and Access.
• Demonstrated team player with effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills; able to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and lead multidisciplinary teams.
• Verbal and written fluency in English, along with strong communications, interpersonal, and presentation skills
• Ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position.
• High level of integrity and impeccable record in previous accounting positions.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Submit your CV and cover letter to Zambia.email@example.com with the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on rolling basis. RTI is an equal opportunity employer. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.