Jobs at:SOS Children's Villages Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
31 March 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SOS Children’s Villages Zambia is a child focused organization and an affiliate of the SOS Children Villages International. It is non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational, and non-racial. Its overall mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities. To realise the mission of the organisation, SOS Children’s Villages is recruiting for the under listed position.
Accountant – Kitwe (1)
Project Name: Accelerating Towards Epidemic Control II, Grant Funding HIV and Tuberculosis (ATEC II)
Purpose of the Job
The Accountant is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the SOS/CHAZ project budget, ensuring that the financial and administrative policies, procedures and controls are followed.
Statement of Main Duties
• To keep the financial books of the project up to date and in order according to sound accounting procedures and controls and as defined in the SOS Financial Manual.
• To prepare income and expenditure reports, and variance analysis reports for the project under the direction of the CHAZ Grant Accountant.
• Ensures that all donations received, whether in cash or in kind, are properly accounted for and are used in the manner intended.
• Ensure economic application and utilization of funds.
• Ensure that internal controls and procedures are followed and enhanced.
• Ensure the cash flow is monitored and maintained.
• Ensure that accounting data entry is correctly done and that transactions are correctly coded and posted.
• Ensure that project assets are correctly labelled and that asset inventory lists are maintained in each room.
• In liaison with SOS National Office Accountant, ensure that all statutory returns and payments are adhered to and submitted or paid for in time.
• A well-qualified person, with experience in Bookkeeping & Accounts.
• Good knowledge of the financial procedures and regulations of SOS Children’s Villages Zambia.
• A good understanding of reporting deadlines.
• Accuracy, reliability, and efficiency.
• Computer literate enough to learn to produce accurate accounts using “SOS/CHAZ Accounting Standards.”
• Absolute honesty and integrity.
• Prepare payment vouchers and cheques based on approved and authorised requests.
• Prepare monthly Bank Reconciliation Statements and follow up unpresented cheques and uncredited receipts to ensure that they are dealt with accordingly.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and year end income and expenditure reports & variance analysis.
• Keep an updated record of funds received.
• Ensure good maintenance of the bank account and avoid overdrawing of the Bank account.
• In charge of internal controls, procedures and internal auditing of the project.
• Prepare and arrange for Audit and ensure that audit issues are attended to in time.
• Ensure regular updates of fixed assets register and an updated register circulated to the project staff for continuous labelling of assets.
• Work very closely with project staff in the preparation/ breakdown of the budget and annual Financial Statements and Budgetary controls and reconciliations.
• Reviews the income and expenditure statements of the project with SOS Regional Programme Manager bringing to his/her attention any irregularities.
• Ensures cash, cheque books & financial records are safely locked away when s/he isn’t present.
• The CHAZ Accountant is part of the Finance Department team of SOS Children’s Villages and as such may be required to attend departmental meetings and assist with general duties as required.
• To carry out any other legal duties assigned by the Village Accountant or Regional Programme Manager.
• Becomes familiar with the background, philosophy, principles, policies and structure of the SOS Children’s Village Organisation.
• Understands the different roles of the staff team members.
The CHAZ Accountant reports to the Village Accountant/ Administrator. He/she liaises with the CHAZ Provincial Grant Accountant, SOS Regional Programme Manager, Sister In-Charge, Auditors, banks and any other person/organization involved with the finance and accounting of the project funds.
Qualifications and Experience
• Full Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five credits and mathematics as one of the credits.
• Degree in Accountancy or ACCA level 2 skills, CIMA managerial
• A minimum of three (3) years in a similar position with proven experience with some basic level of supervisory exposure.
Other Competencies and Requirements
• Proficiency in Microsoft, Excel and working knowledge of Microsoft, Dynamics, NAV will be an added advantage.
• Fully paid up member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
• Should be a team player with leadership skills, integrity, progressive and un- blemish track record, very innovative and an effective communicator.
All applicants for the above position should be child friendly.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Closing date for receipt of applications is Thursday, 31st March 2022.
You can email your application letter and Comprehensive CV only to email@example.com. Ensure that you indicate in the subject line of your e-mail the job position applied for.
SOS Children’s Villages Zambia is an equal opportunity employer.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.