Jobs at:The International Confederation of Midwives
Deadline of this Job:
31 March 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, March 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About the International Confederation of Midwives (ICM)
The International Confederation of Midwives (ICM) is an accredited non-governmental organization that represents midwives’ associations worldwide to achieve common goals in the care of mothers and newborns. Founded in 1922, ICM currently has 140 member associations in 120 countries.
ICM envisions a world where every childbearing woman has access to a midwife’s care for herself and her newborn.
To strengthen Midwives Associations and to advance the profession of midwifery globally by promoting autonomous midwives as the most appropriate caregivers for childbearing woman and in keeping birth normal, to enhance the reproductive health of women, and the health of their newborn and their families.
For more information about ICM visit www.internationalmidwives.org.
About the Midwifery Services Framework (MSF) Project
ICM developed the Midwifery Services Framework (MSF) to help countries apply the latest evidence, standards, and guidance to improve their policy and programming environment for developing and implementing Sexual Reproductive Maternal and Newborn Health (SRMNH) services provided by midwives.
The MSF provides health planners, maternal and newborn health experts, policy makers, and other stakeholders with an evidence-based tool to develop new or strengthen existing midwifery services to enhance their effectiveness and efficiency. The MSF supports the implementation of the model of midwife-led continuity of care, which research has proven to be the most effective and desirable model of care provision for women and their families’.
ICM is currently collaborating with the Ministry of Health (MOH) and the Midwives Association in Zambia (MAZ) around the contextualization and implementation of the MSF.
About the Midwives’ Association of Zambia (MAZ)
The Midwives Association of Zambia (MAZ) is the professional and voluntary organisation for all midwives in Zambia: Registered-Nurse Midwives (RN/M), Enrolled-Nurse-Midwives (EN/M) and certified midwives (CM). It is a member of the International Confederation of Midwives (ICM), an accredited non-governmental organisation representing midwives worldwide to achieve common goals in the care of mothers and newborns. The MAZ is also affiliated with the Confederation of African Midwives Associations (CONAMA), a regional body comprising of African midwives’ associations.
An empowered midwifery profession that is dedicated to the provision of quality health care services to prevent maternal and neonatal deaths so as to promote safe motherhood in Zambia.
The mission of MAZ is to promote the provision of quality and evidence-based midwifery practice for women, neonates, children and men at all levels of health care.
For more information about MAZ, visit http://zambia-midwives.org/
Purpose and Scope of the Position
ICM wishes to support MAZ in strengthening its financial management and sustainability as a Professional Association. As such ICM is seeking to recruit an Accountant in Zambia with a knowledge of midwifery context and an extensive experience in financial management to work with MAZ’s finances
The position holder will report to and work closely with the ICM MSF Project Lead and the MAZ President in developing and implementing a Resource Mobilisation Plan for the Association.
Role Specific Responsibilities
• Develop detailed organisational budget in accordance with MAZ fundraising plan
• Develop and implement reconciliation, reporting, and reforecast processes for MAZ
• Undertake appropriate financial management tasks such as preparing journal entries, /completing ledgers and preparing budgets and forecasts under the direction of the MAZ Executive Committee.
• Develop financial manual for MAZ describing financial processes (including evidence requirements) and guidelines for implementation
• Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts and prepare quarterly financial statements.
• Ensure regular oversight of cash levels so that appropriate funds are available to support day to day activities.
• In consultation with MAZ Executive Committee, establish appropriate external audit process.
Education & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a recognised accounting institution programme, OR a graduate of any discipline with a track record in accounting with excellent command on written and spoken English.
Experience & Skills
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of preparing and reviewing budgets
• Sound experience and knowledge of the use of information technology in the management of financial systems and provision of financial information and controls.
• Demonstrated experience in the not-for-profit sector
• Excellent attention to detail with specific emphasis on spelling, grammar, proofing and correction
• A methodical and organised approach to workload
• Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a highly pressured environment
• Excellent relationship building skills particularly with colleagues working remotely
• Proactive “can do” attitude with good initiative in responding to varied tasks
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Excellent skills in using virtual meeting platforms (eg: Zoom, MS Teams etc)
• Ability to work independently, set priorities and manage competing priorities
• Ability to actively contribute within a team-oriented collaborative environment
• Experience within an international organisation is highly desirable
Location: The position holder is expected to be located in Lusaka, MAZ office.
Work schedule: This position is a 0.5FTE position (20 hours per week)
Duration: This position is planned for 8 months
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Send your detailed CV including three referees and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Final deadline for applications is 30th March 2022.
This position will be evaluated on a rolling basis hence applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.